Who are Experian? In a faster, more complex world, where millions of interactions take place every minute of every day, our data and analytics help people, businesses and organisations protect, manage and make the most of their data, creating better business outcomes and building stronger customer relationships. We are currently recruiting for a 'Service Designer' to support this agenda. This role is responsible for supporting the production of quality, secure and resilient designs for new or improved services for Experian UK&I wide; ensuring they are produced and maintained in-line with the defined business requirements.
As the Service Designer, your role will be involved in the review and validation of business requirements, identification of new requirements. You will be fully accountable for the delivery of quality solutions to the customer that incorporate Service requirements as part of their design through definition of requirements into the 'Service Design Pack' to be passed via gateway reviews to the transition team to deliver.
With a flexible working environment, this role will appeal to those wanting to work in a collaborative, team building and career progressing business, where delivery is rewarded through both bonus and recognition schemes. We are looking for someone who has experience of developing service architectures and designs within a large corporate environment, ITIL framework working, with great impact and influencing skills.
- Provide input into the UK&I Service Strategy and Design Board in relation to future definition of services and mitigation of current legacy estate issues.
- Manage and be accountable for the fulfilment of all requirements across Experian business units in association with service requirements during the Service Design phase
- For new or updated requirements assess the impact and risk these may have on current services, service costs, capabilities, teams, skills, service levels, business processes, suppliers and contracts
- Support the creation of a Service Portfolio by identifying and proposing service and service model improvements
- As required support the production and/or validation of customer proposals
- Produce designs that reuse existing solutions/capabilities before creating new bespoke offerings
- Identify and propose opportunities to improve services, processes and working practices
- Perform the role of Design Authority ensuring services in development and delivery conform to approved designs
- Assess and document the level of complexity in relation to building, deploying and operating/supporting new or changed services
- Liaise with project and operational teams to validate the operability of service designs
- Act as a point of escalation for project or operational teams with regards to service design issues
- Be a subject matter expert and advocate for best practice in Service Design management, interacting with key stakeholders across the business
- Significant experience of developing service architecture and designs within a large corporate environment
- Experience of instigating and delivering improvement
- Significant experience of working across multiple teams
- Experience of working within an ITIL Framework.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to communication with technical and non-technical teams and all band levels.
- Ability to influence at a peer and senior level
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we'll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.