My client are an international leading IT Technology and Services Provider specializing in digital infrastructure, hybrid cloud, workspaces and cybersecurity. They have come to me with a brand new requirement for a Service Delivery Manager who ensures that my client delivers on contractual agreements with their clients. They typically deal with a large number of smaller less complex client environments.
The Service Delivery Manager is the client advocate and is responsible for client satisfaction by ensuring that services are delivered according to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA) and other contracts.
In a managed Services and/or ITO environment, the purpose of a Service Delivery Manager will be to track performance to contracted service definitions and service level agreements and to take corrective action to improve SLAs. They also manage any service complaints / issues in the environment.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in customer relationship or service management or equivalent
- Strong business skills with demonstrable track record of achievement, preferably holds a recognised management qualification
- Holds ITIL Practitioner (V2) or ITIL Expert (V3) qualification (Desirable)
- In depth understanding of service contractual requirements and obligations
- Resourceful, self-motivated and decisive with strong decision making capability
- Good understanding of Project Management
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently
- Organised, methodical and flexible
- An ability to get things done through a combination of direct control, time management, prioritisation, persuasion and influence
- Good IT skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook etc
- Understanding of basic IT infrastructure principles
- Plan in line with ITIL/Prince
- As the Service Delivery Manager for a client or group of clients they establish good relationships with the client representatives and client satisfaction is their first objective.
- They facilitate the delivery of the service by establishing the relationship with the client, agreeing the points of interaction and escalation, acting cost sensitive, making sure they are aware of the services budget and ensuring the continuous delivery of the service according to the SLA. They take accountability for operational escalations and lead the business through to a resolution that is satisfactory for the client and management.
- They proactively identify risks to delivery and drive the implementation of the appropriate solution to reduce the likelihood of escalations and/or delivery impact to the client. These individuals identify and implement delivery model improvements focused on optimisations that will be valuable to the client and my client. They are on the pulse of what is happening in the client’s environment operationally and at the client satisfaction level and provide management and delivery teams with visibility of any priorities and risks.
- In terms of ensuring service delivery they will, in collaboration with the appropriate Service fulfilment functions, they need to make sure that the right employees, equipment and product are deployed and available and that the service delivered meets the quality requirements agreed with the client.
- They use the close relationship with the client and assist the Sales family to identify opportunities to up sell services and to track other opportunities that may emerge. Their intimate knowledge of client environment enables them to contribute to pre-sales processes and/or successes by providing information, determining the effort required to deliver and generally providing advice on the most optimal way to approach the client. They clearly understand and contribute to the Account Plan and look for and identify opportunities for growth within the assigned portfolio and work closely with the pre-sales and sales team to maximise opportunities.
- The Service Delivery Manager contributes to and optimises the contract renewal process. They engage with the relevant internal stakeholders prior to the renewal date and assist and support the renewal strategy, agreeing roles and responsibilities for any non-standard renewals. They represent the client’s needs within the renewal process and contribute to compliance with the Service Catalogue and associated governance structures. They assist with the revision of transition and implementation plans to supervise suitability for the renewed contract. They ensure the accuracy of related databases holding client information and utilise ITIL framework in all practices unless excluded by the contract/client.
- Continuous Improvement
- Service Delivery
- Service Levels
- Service Improvement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job