Service Delivery Manager - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Biffa plc is the leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
To efficiently and effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the Traffic Office, whilst delivering and maintaining first class customer service against pre-defined business KPIs. This role will work alongside the Transport Manager role to support the depots financial, safety and service performance.
1 Provide leadership, give work instructions and monitor the performance of the traffic dispatcher team i.e. Review of Depot KPI`s- Service, Safety and Profitability.
2 Manage, motivate, train and develop team as required.
3 Deal effectively with underperformance, implementing disciplinary procedures as appropriate
4 Absence management, e.g. conduct return to work interviews.
5 Manages the planning process for mobilisation of new work and tactical re-routes. Manages the seasonal challenges of Bank holidays and Christmas holidays ensuring the resources and routes are optimised according to customer needs.
6 On a daily basis ensures routing and service issues are dealt with and is ultimately responsible for the customer service experience. From time to time they may conduct customer visits.
7 Together with the BIM follows up on ART logs and is constantly driving down and effectively dealing with QLS.
8 Contribute toward on-going cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs, increasing margin and meeting budget targets set.
9 Ensure that all aspects of Health & Safety are adhered to, including H&S induction and training, operating procedures, near miss reporting and emergency procedures.
10 Maintain a good working relationship with internal and external customers.
11 Deputise for the Depot Manager and carry out other reasonable tasks as the Company may require from time to time
12 Carry out such reasonable tasks as might be required by the Company from time to time.
Nature and Scope
• Support the growth of the Depots customer base.
• Manage service levels and ensuring that corrective action is taken as appropriate.
• Ensure legislator compliance at all times by all staff
• Drives a lean culture throughout
• Supports that management of operations for current and future demands
• Supports the development of the operation and teams to meet financial and efficiency targets through a continuous improvement approach.
• Deliver improving financial performance for the operation, ensuring the site meets budget commitments.
• Ensure core performance metrics are met and where possible exceeded.
People Management and Team Work
• Coaches staff where appropriate
• Optimises resources and continuously reviews the operations to improve profitability and customer service, managing change where necessary
• Leads and motivates staff through positive employee engagement through open communication
• Supports the delivery of the strategy to develop the site as a whole by identifying and sharing best practice with peers
• Supports Continuous Improvement to introduce new working practices and to develop a continuous improvement culture
• Ensures that all relevant legislative requirements are adhered to and that Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport) are maintained. Where necessary making regular checks in all parts of the operation including the branch site, vehicles and customer premises and ensuring that all operational equipment is maintained
• Supports with disciplinary matters, including dismissals, and appeals and grievances in line with Company policy
Education / Qualifications• Minimum GCS
- Route Monkey
- DPS (LogiX)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job