- To schedule and dispatch work electronically to individual craft operatives of Construction Services.
- To contribute to the overall management of Construction Services.
- To assist in ensuring that through the Service Control Unit within Construction Services are providing a highly efficient, economic, safe, customer focused and high quality service to all clients.
- To ensure resources are deployed at the appropriate time to deliver a "right first time" service.
- To work closely with the Service Control Unit Manager to deliver service improvements throughout Construction Services
To liaise with tenants and respond to their enquiries
- To electronically schedule, allocate and dispatch work to all operatives.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of new and innovative ways of working in all aspects of Construction services with the objective of increasing effectiveness, efficiency and eliminating waste.
- To contribute to Construction Services achieving Best Value, including fundamental best value reviews and performance plans.
- To liaise with System and Development Officer on technical/training issues in respect of mobile working technology.
- To assist in the delivery of the Berneslai Homes Delivery Plan, the Housing Revenue Account Business Plan and the Berneslai Homes Stock Maintenance Performance Management Plan.
- To ensure that Health and Safety legislation and good practice are complied within Construction Services.
- To assist in the administration of the computerised Vehicle Tracking System.
- To ensure that Berneslai Homes Financial regulations and standing orders are complied with.
- To participate and represent the Construction service in Audit Commission and other inspections/reviews of Berneslai Homes. To implement operational outcomes of such reviews.
- To assist in gaining and retaining accreditation of the Construction Service of Investors in People.
- To assist in responding to board and council member enquiries regarding works carried out by the service.
- To assist in the implementation of a comprehensive communication system throughout Construction Services.
- To assist in the development and implementation of a programme of service improvements to meet performance targets and the objectives of Construction Services.
- To maintain and update Master data relating to resource planning and scheduling, including recommendations for amending or adding to hard coding service product codes.
- To contribute in the future development of mobile working.
- To assist in reviews of protocols relating to work scheduling and associated activities.
- To assist in the production of management information relating to scheduling, vehicle tracking and other associated activities.
- To meet on a regular basis with Service Control Unit Management and Operational Managers to allocate resources to known workloads.
- To ensure a pro-active approach is taken to Equality and Diversity issues within the service.
- To liaise regularly with Barnsley Connects, Business Support Services, Client Representatives, other Construction Services staff to monitor, review and alter working practices to improve the efficiency of Construction Services
- To assist in the monitoring of performance against Key Performance Indicators.
- To provide feedback on the interaction of Service Control Unit staff with tenants, staff and other customers.
- To use work scheduling software in accordance with training.
- To process and despatch all cyclical service appointment letters.
- To administer the scheduling/re-scheduling where necessary, and allocate all work in relation to cyclical orders.
- To receive calls directly from tenants; analyse information and liaise with other staff members to resolve complaints and enquiries.
- To liaise with CIS to ensure emergency repairs are completed within timescales.
- To liaise with operational managers and individual or groups of operatives to reschedule work in an efficient manner.
- To receive gas repair requests from tenants and other customers, establish the fault and prioritise accordingly, create works orders and schedule the jobs.
Essential / Desirable
Demonstrate significant experience of working in a Repairs Service environment.
Demonstrate significant experience of working within a customer focused service delivery organisation.
Demonstrate experience of Performance Management at operational level.
Demonstrate significant experience in use of computerised work scheduling software.