Job Title: Service Controller, Pest Control
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension; On-site Parking; Opt-In Health Cash Plans
Are you a highly organised administrator? A true team player who thrives in a fast-paced, energetic environment? Are you passionate about delivering exceptional customer service? Can you solve problems and think on your feet? Do you possess an outstanding telephone manner and first-class organisation and prioritisation skills? If the answer is "yes", then we'd love to hear from you!
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable. Our rapidly growing Pest Control division has exciting opportunities for experienced, highly competent Administrators to join our fabulous team of Service Controllers. Our portfolio of clients are based throughout the UK, ranging from high street retail stores to national hotel chains, care homes and local council authorities.
You will be responsible for scheduling routine appointments for our national team of field-based Pest Control Technicians at clients' premises alongside ensuring urgent emergencies are dealt with quickly and efficiently to ensure minimum inconvenience to customers. Candidates with the ability to forward plan and problem solve are likely to thrive. Candidates with good geographic knowledge of the UK are also highly desirable.
You will need good IT skills with particular focus on Microsoft Outlook and Excel. We would especially welcome applications from candidates with prior scheduling experience.
Primary duties will include:
- Scheduling appointments for Pest Control Technicians - both routine maintenance and emergency call outs
- Maintaining an effective and accurate log of completed and pending client site visits
- Dealing with general enquiries from clients and building long-standing effective relationships
- Answering incoming calls from customers to log emergency call out requests
- Invoicing customers, chasing outstanding payments as necessary
- Undertaking general administrative duties
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A tenacious, highly organised and pro-active individual - You will be process orientated and will be a driving force to ensure consistent delivery. You will be skilled at working in a fast-paced environment and have the flexibility to adapt and react quickly when priorities change
- A clear, confident, articulate communicator - You will have high standards of written and oral English and an outstanding telephone manner
- An excellent relationship builder - You will be practiced at engaging with stakeholders and customers at all levels, building rapport and forging long-standing relationships
- A highly organised individual - It goes without saying that you will possess exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills with high attention to detail
- Adept at conflict resolution - You will be skilled at dealing with issues in an empathetic and pragmatic fashion, employing tact and diplomacy to ensure timely and complete solutions
- IT Literate - You will have a good understanding MS office packages. Experience of working in a Pest Control environment would be desirable
- Educated to at least grade C in English & Maths at GCSE or equivalent
- Good geographic knowledge of the UK would be a distinct advantage
The Pest Control team deliver outstanding support to our business throughout the week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 08:30-17:00, however on occasion, flexibility to meet the needs of our business may be required.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to
To find out more please visit us on
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
- Service Controller