Service Contracts Manager
Service Contracts Manager
With millions of passengers, cars, trucks, motorcycles and coaches passing through on cross-Channel ferries each year, it's no wonder they're known as the 'Gateway to Europe'. Their award-winning cruise port, the second busiest in the UK, hosts some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. Their portfolio is diverse other successful business include a cargo terminal, award-winning marina and several niche activities.
To work as a driving force within the team providing first class procurement and delivery to the organisation, focussing principally on the administration of the commercial service contracts. The post holder will be an integral part of the Contracts & Procurement Dept management and be expected to contribute to on-going continuous improvement initiatives.
To ensure, as part of the wider team, that the interests of the Port are maximised and protected from a commercial contracts perspective, ensuring that contractual rights are enforced and contractual obligations are discharged with minimum risk.
The post holder will contribute to the strategic and operational development of the Port’s contract processing activities and will work with closely with the Head of Contracts & Procurement and alongside Operations, [Project Managers, Project Management teams], Port Safety and the Programme Office. A fundamental part of the role will be the reprocurement and tendering of existing and new service contracts.
The role will also involve regular contact with the Port’s technical and financial staff along with contractors and the supply chain in general.
The ideal candidate for the Service Contracts Manager role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Degree level or equivalent
- Drafting of tender and contract documentation
- Contract awareness, including NEC, JCT and ICE
- Tendering and scope preparation
- Working knowledge of contract law and interpretation
- Negotiating on terms and conditions
- Financially competent
- Clear, concise and logical communicator, both verbal and written, including presentation skills and report writing
- Ability to challenge others, such as managers.
- Ability to interpret contract terms.
- Able to work as part of a team and to establish good working relationships
- Professional and consistent attitude.
- Disciplined approach but with an ability to prioritise.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Committed and enthusiastic.
- Flexible in approach
- Be able to respond to pressure.
- Ability to take lead when appropriate and encourage others to maintain robust standards.
- Full PLG driving licence and own vehicle
Service Contracts Manager Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
If you feel you are suitable for the Service Contracts Manager role, please apply now!
Senior Project Manager, Service Contracts Manager, Contract Manager, Commercial Contracts Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"