An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Contracts Manager in the Dover area.
You will work as a driving force within the team providing first class procurement and delivery to the organisation, focusing principally on the administration of the commercial service contracts. The post holder will be an integral part of the Contracts & Procurement Dept management and be expected to contribute to on-going continuous improvement initiatives.
To ensure, as part of the wider team, that the interests of the company are maximised and protected from a commercial contracts perspective, ensuring that contractual rights are enforced and contractual obligations are discharged with minimum risk.
The post holder will contribute to the strategic and operational development of contract processing activities and will work with closely with the Head of Contracts & Procurement and alongside Operations, [Project Managers, Project Management teams], Safety and the Programme Office. A fundamental part of the role will be the re-procurement and tendering of existing and new service contracts.
The role will also involve regular contact with technical and financial staff along with contractors and the supply chain in general.
Duties of the Post Holder
- To contribute to the assessment and recommendation of tendering and procurement options and the development of the management techniques and terms and conditions to suit.
- To lead in the drafting and managing of tendering processes and documentation associated with procuring new contracts, drawing in input as required from relevant sections.
- To act as the primary point of contact between the contractor and the organisation, coordinating communication to ensure that the contractual framework is observed.
- To monitor compliance with contractual obligations by service providers and support internal stakeholders in managing issues arising from non-compliance.
- To drive effective contractor performance.
- To maintain, review and update Service Level Agreements with key suppliers as required.
- To undertake Supplier and Contractor meetings and evaluations in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager - Supply Chain.
- To develop a Service and Project Contract calendar which includes alert prompts at key milestones to ensure adequate time-frames are allowed for.
- To assist the Head of Contracts & Procurement in achieving the departmental objectives.
- To focus on the delivery of maximising value through contract arrangements.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.