Service Co-Ordinator (Children Services)
£15.67 PAYE or £20.22 Umbrella (Per Hour)
The post holder will have lead responsibility and accountability for the following:-
* To maintain professional and helpful communications as the first point of contact for a service area senior management team. To filter calls and resolve issues promptly, whenever possible, tracking timescales for responses and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
* To ensure that the service area senior management team are briefed of all forthcoming meetings and engagements through maintenance and upkeep of the service area's complex electronic diary and to ensure a member of the senior management team is available to attend regular meetings on behalf of the service area or Head of Service.
* To be responsible for arranging senior management team representation at meetings and ensuring that the attending manager is appropriately briefed in advance of attendance.
* To coordinate regular and irregular meetings throughout the year including Whole Service Meetings as well as individual meetings for the service area senior management team. To collate and distribute papers/materials prior to meetings in a timely manner and to provide accurate minute taking duties at meetings as required.
* To maintain accurate records of the service area senior management team whereabouts including leave and other absence arrangements
* To support the service area senior management team to provide timely submission of succinct and quality information to the Assistant Director and other senior officers as requested.
* To receive and coordinate incoming correspondence quickly and efficiently and to prepare outgoing correspondence and documentation including drafting and distribution of letters and emails using own initiative and/or bringing matters to the attention of the service area senior management team for prompt response.
* To provide a reliable, quick and accurate word processing, dictation, and audio support service to the service area senior management team when required and to produce good quality data, reports and meeting papers in a variety of formats including Excel and PowerPoint.
* To provide a comprehensive support service for meetings and conferences, including the making of travel arrangements, drafting agendas, taking complex and confidential minutes and being responsible for the distribution of papers/outcomes within timescale.
* To create a tracking system to monitor progress of actions from meetings attended by the service area senior management team and to ensure timely communication to the Head of Service of outstanding actions
* To foster and nurture relationships with key contacts within CYPS, across directorates and with partners and other external organisations and be able to recognise sensitive issues that impact on the service area
* To coordinate filing and storage of records and reports for the service area maximising accessibility as necessary and to follow-up and bring forward procedures and store/save where appropriate on Hackney's Council Document Management system (CDM).