PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH SERVICE CHARGE ACCOUNTS.
To oversee and take responsibility of the day to day management of the service charge accounts. Making sure all payments have been recorded and updated into the relevant software, i.e. leaseholder demand payments and supplier invoice payments, to consistently give the company a clear view of each blocks current financial position. To oversee the preparation of the year end service charge accounts in a timely manner to avoid any S20b notices. EMPLOYED OR CONTRACTING POSSIBLE
- Maintain income and expenditure ledger
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliations against the bank statements
- Dealing with annual accounts at year end, producing a balance sheet, complete accounts to trial balance
- Approving invoices relating to the works carried out on each block ready for payment
- Uploading all invoices to the ledger
- Check for arrears owing from leaseholders/tenants and pursue chasing or recovery action
- Assisting in the reviewing of service charges and adjustments if needed
- Processing adjustments and reconciling to the system
- Providing service charge reports to property managers ahead of the budgets being prepared
- Ensure all charges are applied correctly to the tenant account
- Review and recommend any movements of expenditure between cost heads
- Review and recommend any prepayments and accruals at the service charge year end
- Check invoice descriptions and make amendments where necessary to ensure correct billing
- Assist Directors with any accounting queries
- Maintaining the integrity of the master service charge file.
- Assisting with the production of all month end service charge accounting, reporting and forecasting.
- From time to time dealing with suppliers re invoicing matters
- Generally, carry out or assist with general office duties as directed or appropriate
- Other Bookkeeping related duties as and when required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in residential/mixed use property management
- Member of the Institute of Residential Property Management preferred
- AAT Qualified or Qualified by experience
- High level excel knowledge
- Experience in completing accounts to trial balance is essential
- Excellent knowledge of how service charges are calculated and invoiced to residents
- Knowledge and understanding of current requirements of real estate legislation
- Knowledge of service charge management accounting process
- Understanding of accruals and prepayments and accounting principles
- Familiarity with service charge accounting software
THE COMPANY AND THE ROLE:
A small property management company based in Crystal Palace with a straightforward portfolio. Office based as much as possible especially for the first few months to get to know the Directors etc. Very flexible with working hours/days as long as the work gets done. WFH possible upon discussion and once your work rate/way of working has been understood. View to take on full time, again with flexibility but not essential if only part time is wanted. Great opportunity to join a small team with big plans.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'