Service and Safety Supervisor - Student Accommodation
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week working Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Some night and weekend work will be required to support the team.
Salary: Up to £24,000 + bonus + benefits
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- Ideally you will have experience within customer service and safety / security
- Previous team leader, supervisory or management experience
- Experience of performance management and people development
- Experience of motivating others in the delivery of excellent customer service
- A calm, professional and objective approach when handling difficult situations
- A good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
What you`ll get up to as a Service and Safety Supervisor
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- supervising a multi-site team responsible for the continuous safety, security and wellbeing of students and employees
- completing line-management duties including monitoring quality of work, performance management, rota planning, conducting regular one-to-one meetings and supporting team development
- conducting regular patrols, identifying safety hazards and risks
- handling complaints, issues or incidents with the appropriate level of support from the emergency services
- identifying and responding to emergency situations
- ensuring that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at all times
- building and maintaining positive relationships with University stakeholders and the local community
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- You`ll be working mainly throughout the day, so no more regular night time working!
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Unless stated above, you won`t be working every weekend!
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
For jobs based in our student accommodation, start dates will be arranged as soon as possible with precautions in place to keep you safe at work.
If you have applied for a jobwith uS, we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps and answer any questions you may have. Thank you.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.