Job Title: Serverless API Developer
Location: Remote Working
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
Job Type: Permanent
As our Serverless API Developer, you will work alongside colleagues in an agile environment to develop and maintain existing and future APIs and Serverless applications within AWS. You will also collaborate with others on the development and integration with backend APIs. Additionally, you will assist with the migration and deployment into AWS, and help to ensure that such implementations are easy-to-use, performant, robust, secure, and in turn meet all functional and nonfunctional specifications.
What You Will Be Doing...
- Translate requirements and designs into high-quality, secure code
- Implement and maintain automated unit and functional tests where appropriate
- Assist with the development, migration, and deployment of applications into AWS using AWS Lambda and AWS API Gateway
- Debug internally and externally-reported issues, and take both individual and collective responsibility to maintain optimal performance of applications at all times
- Work within the agile team and participate fully in all team meetings, sharing knowledge with other stakeholders
- Participate in peer code reviews, both as reviewer and reviewee
- Keep abreast of the latest security vulnerabilities, and develop with security in mind
- Demonstrate a willingness and motivation to learn and undertake self-initiated training
The Experience We Are Looking For...
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience developing and maintaining non-trivial API applications in an agile environment using Serverless technology
- Solid experience with migrating and deploying existing applications into AWS
- Experience of designing, implementing, and consuming REST APIs and Websockets
- Also: Experience with using containerisation technologies such as Docker will prove a serious advantage for you
The Skills You Will Bring To The Table...
- Previously managed AWS services, particularly Lambda and API Gateway
- Experience with Golang within context of AWS Lambda
- Experience using Websockets
- Secure development practices and understanding of key security considerations when developing publicly-accessible applications
- Writing automated unit and functional tests using testing frameworks
- Solid understanding and usage of Git source control
- Experience writing Terraform deployment modules
- PHP 5/7
- Developing PHP applications within an MVC-style framework, preferably Symfony
- Database design, implementation, and optimisation using MySQL / MariaDB
- Docker containerisation
- Message Queuing (AMQP)
- Web server configuration and optimisation, preferably Apache, Nginx
- General Linux usage, preferably CentOS/RHEL and Debian
- Familiarity with ticket-tracking systems and build tools, such as Atlassian Jira, Bitbucket, and Bamboo
The Qualifications Which We Will Be Looking For...
Having any or all of the following is not essential, but will help your application:
- 2:1 Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Relevant industry-recognised certifications or qualifications, such as AWS Foundational, Associate, Professional, or Speciality certifications
You Will Be A Great Personality Fit, If These Come Naturally To You...
- Excellent communication skills including fluent spoken and written English
- Flexible approach to work, including managing changing priorities, and a willingness to pair-program and participate in code reviews
- Ability to work within and positively contribute to an agile team environment, take both individual and collective responsibility, and accept and act upon constructive criticism
- A creative aspect to your personality; good at forming new ideas and demonstrating them to others
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn and expand knowledge and keep abreast of technological trends
- Able to work under pressure, prioritise, and work within time scales in order to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to make progress with minimal supervision, but seeks help when require
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a fantastic benefits package as follows:
From Day One:
- 22 days holiday (increases one day per complete year of service to 25 days)
- Perkbox - A range of benefits including free coffee once a week; free cinema once a month
- Amazon prime - staff account - free delivery, prime video, music, twitch prime, kindle lending library etc
- Private health care with Vitality.
- Death in service benefit
- Share options
- Cycle To Work Scheme.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- SIM Cards - basic airtime and data package - fair use policy applies.
- Staff referral programme.
*This is intended as a guide only and all benefits are non-contractual and provided at the Company’s discretion.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'