Betting Jobs are working with one of the industry’s leading operators who are seeking to hire a Linux Server Support Engineer to join their team in Greater Manchester. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
• Responsible for supporting and maintenance of the Remote Gaming Platform
• Highly Competent and Experienced Linux Engineer, familiar with Linux operating systems and development tools.
• Offer complete support to Server Support Lead Engineer for all Aries BAU activities and New Business Opportunities including Internal Network and Infrastructure Management & Integration to Global Partner Networks.
• Responsible for the deployment and management of the various environments, including Gaming Content and Platform Maintenance, working in a Linux environment.
• Liaison with IT, including Network, Infrastructure and Database.
• Liaise with the Head of Mobile Game development to develop and implement new enhancements and tools to progress the Aries Platform to realise business objectives, including support of the Aries Development Roadmap.
• Responsible for the continuous improvement to programming library, tools and build processes to automate deployment of content, the objective being to reduce human error and remove labour intensive tasks as well as create cost savings.
• Responsible for maintaining the documentation the Aries platform by closely liaising with the Server Support Lead Engineer.
• Responsible in supporting the Server Support Lead Engineer for the Technical Platform Solutions required to deliver the B2B Partner integration, including building and maintaining B2B platform.
• Work closely with the International Licensing Manager to integrate into other operator platforms in order to serve content to Global markets.
• Support and assist the Server Support Lead Engineer to integrate, test and maintain Open Platform (POP) protocol integration.
• Support and document the integration of third party suppliers into Aries to serve all brands.
• A strong knowledge of gaming compliance for the UK market, work closely with the Head of Content Development operations and provide access to test environment for external 3rd party testing houses to expedite a successful certification of Games.
• Environment Management and Server Tool management, including company change procedures and policies.
• Document and understand the source code repositories to meet the required compliance and audit requirements, provide a regular RTP monitoring report to the required stakeholders to the required compliance standard.
• Support the "Aries Server Support staff" with queries raised by the OCC team.
Specialist Skills and Experience Required:
• Minimum 5+ years of professional experience in Linux, Networks and server infrastructure.
• Strong experience of Red Hat Linux -RHCE qualified
• Apache Tomcat and JAVA runtime environment experience.
• Knowledge of network architectures and protocols and an ability to detect, diagnose and report on issues.
• Working knowledge of server virtualisation principles.
• Understanding of server to server communications and knowledge of data structures such as XML and JSON.
• Experience of SQL Server including the ability to develop in depth SQL queries to produce reports and other BI data
• A high level of patience, tenacity and great debugging skills.
• Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
• Strong personal interest in games and knowledge of industry trends and innovations.
• Commitment to quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
• Enthusiasm and initiative.
• Working knowledge of programming principles.
• Meeting the required level of the competency framework.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Operating Systems
- Red Hat Linux
- Linux Server