Our client is a small, highly successful internet business, with a user base several million strong. It has increased significantly in size almost every year in c.10 since it was founded and is now looking for a Server Software Engineer.
The role requires you to design, implement, test and deploy new software on a live service. You will also be required to support the service. There will be plenty of opportunities to research and develop solutions using new technologies, as well as learning new languages. As part of a small company, your role will encompass the entire software development life-cycle, including requirements capture, prototyping, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
Your responsibilities as a Server Software Engineer will include:
• Helping to implement great new chat features using Micro Services
• Converting legacy components into modern Micro Services
• Maintaining our existing services
• Participate in daily scrums, backlog refinements, sprint planning and sprint reviews
• You will also be required to be available for out-of-hours support as part of a rota
Required skills and experience:
• Java or similar OO programming language
• PHP experience
• Relational Database experience (MySQL)
• Experience with Cache Frameworks (Redis, Memcache preferred)
• Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat or Centos preferred)
• Experience with Version Control (GIT preferred)
Optional skills and experience:
• 2.2 or higher degree in Computer Science or related subject
• 3 years or more commercial development
• NodeJS and NPM
• Docker and DevOps
• Java Spring library
• JPA, JTA Hibernate
• Experience with a Java Servlet Container, Tomcat preferred
• AWS experience / certification
• Agile / Scrum
• Competitive salary - based on experience
• 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Casual working environment
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Server Software Engineer - Cramlington, Newcastle
- Relational Databases
- Cache Frameworks
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'