Server Software Engineer Ref R
Our client is a small, highly successful internet business, with a user base several million strong. It has increased significantly in size almost every year in c.10 since it was founded and is now looking for a Server Software Engineer.
Encompassing the entire software development life-cycle, the role requires you to design, implement, test and deploy new software on a live service. You will also be required to support the service. There will be plenty of opportunities to research and develop solutions using new technologies, as well as learning new languages.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Contributing to the core service team
• Helping to implement great new chat features using Micro Services
• Converting legacy components into modern Micro Services
• Maintaining our existing services
• Participate in daily scrums, backlog refinements, sprint planning and sprint reviews
Required skills and experience:
• Spring Development
• Java Servlet Development (Servlet 2.5/3.0, JAX-RS, JAX-WS)
• JPA, JTA, Hibernate
• Experience with a Java Servlet Container, Tomcat preferred.
• Node JS (MEAN Stack) EC 6+ and NPM
• RDMS (MySQL)
• No-SQL (Mongo or DynamoDB)
• Experience with Cache Frameworks (Memcache and Redis preferred)
• Experience with Message queues (Rabbit MQ preferred)
• Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat, or Centos preferred)
• Experience with Version Control (GIT preferred)
• IDE (Eclipse, NetBeans or IntelliJ preferred)
Optional skills and experience:
• 2.2 or higher degree in Computer Science or related subject
• 5 years or more commercial Java development.
• 2-3 year team leadership experience.
• Docker and Dev Ops
• AWS knowledge or certification.
You will also be required to be available for out-of-hours support as part of a rota.
• Competitive salary - based on experience
• 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Casual working environment
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
- Node JS
- No SQL
- Spring Development
- Java Servlet Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'