Keystream are currently recruiting for a Serious Incidents Investigator, for a short-term role assisting the Quality department of a large CCG in the South East.
The ideal candidate will have a clinical background and experience in Primary Care Serious Incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
At present, Keystream are assisting a number of NHS organisations, both Commissioning and Provider with their recruitment around Serious Incidents, if you feel therefore that you have relevant experience in this field, please send through your updated CV.
- Lead the review of comprehensive corporate Serious Incident reviews, ensuring that an excellent root cause analysis takes place in order to identify learning and changes in practice that need to occur to prevent or reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence of similar incidents or improve the overall safety and quality of care provided.
- To be an expert in Serious Incidents review theory, techniques and practice, including Root Cause Analysis
- Monitor and interpret national guidance and policy in order to ensure that Trust procedures and practice comply or exceed best practice
- To investigate all comprehensive corporate led SI reviews, acting as a trainer, role model and expert advisor for other staff involved in the reviews, ensuring that all reviews are carried out to the highest possible standards. This will involve the following key tasks:
ïƒ˜ Reviewing records
ïƒ˜ Drafting a chronology of events
ïƒ˜ Interviewing staff, patient and their carers/families
ïƒ˜ Convening and leading meetings and discussion of the investigation panel
ïƒ˜ Drafting the review report on behalf of the panel
ïƒ˜ Feeding back findings to the Trust, staff, patients and their carers/families
ïƒ˜ Reporting to the SI Committees and Trust Board
ïƒ˜ Keeping all relevant parties informed of progress
- On behalf of the panel, to produce high quality SIR reports that identify the root causes that led to an SI occurring