Sensory Scientist - (Training Course Delivery)
Job Title: Sensory Scientist - (Training Course Delivery)
Location: Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire
Salary: Guide circa £22,500 - £ 35,000pa (Grade G3)
Benefits: 24 days plus public holidays, pension scheme, 'permanent health scheme’ if you are unable to continue work for health reasons and a 'death in service’ scheme. Other benefits include subsidised restaurant/vending machine and parking on site.
Closing Date: 16th November
Our Client is a leader in providing scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. They are currently looking for a Sensory Scientist - (Training Course Delivery) for their Consumer and Sensory Sciences Department.
The Consumer and Sensory Sciences (C&SS) Department offers an array of services to enable clients to specify, monitor and control product attributes and understand consumer perceptions, preferences and attitudes to support product development and improvement programmes.
The Department is structured across a number of sections focussed on providing analysis and testing services, training, method and application innovation and consumer insights. The majority of the Department’s work is contract related funded by clients from across the agri-food supply chain.
Working with the Sensory Training Section Manager, the post will be responsible for the delivery of internal and external consumer and sensory based training courses, both scheduled and tailored, to clients and colleagues in collaboration with the Group’s Central Training function.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To deliver presentations on scheduled and tailored consumer and sensory training courses to internal and external delegates.
- To provide course development and administrative support for projects, pre and post courses.
- To support the development of course materials and associated presentations.
- To support the Section Manager with identification and acquisition of new business opportunities for the Sensory Training Section and services across the C&SS Department.
- To work in close conjunction with the Section Manager to progress the development of the Section.
- To actively manage project recovery rates and contribute to the management of the financial performance of the Section.
- To assist in the organisation of seminars and conferences as opportunities arise.
- To contribute to the broader development of the Section and Department’s capabilities in consumer and sensory science.
- Proactively review current practices, policies and methods and suggest new and improved ways of working.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Degree or equivalent in a food science or related background
- Minimum of 5 years work experience within the field of sensory science.
- Qualification in the field of Sensory Science - minimum IFST Foundation Course
- Knowledge of BRC and its applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Project Delivery
- Sensory Science
- BSc Food Science
- BSc Nutrition
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'