Location: Glasgow, G1 1XW.
Salary: £22,000 to 26,000 based on experience and capability
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Synaptec is a highly-innovative young company based in the centre of Glasgow. We were founded in 2014 with a mission to become the globally-leading innovator in photonic instrumentation for the electrical power industry, with planned future expansion into other energy sectors. We are here to facilitate change in the power sector: to push for the adoption of cutting-edge technologies, and to enable the move to a smarter, cleaner grid. In recognition of our vision and capability, we have been awarded various prizes, most recently the Energy Innovation Award for Best Offshore Wind Technology.
Synaptec uniquely blends the disciplines of photonics, electronics, power and instrumentation to enable our clients to instantly know the electrical, mechanical and environmental state of their systems and networks. To keep us at the cutting-edge, we are committed to recruiting excellent engineers and physicists and developing their abilities to the full.
Synaptec aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation or identification, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. We are proud to be an accredited Living Wage Employer and member of the Living Wage Foundation.
Overview of role
Synaptec is recruiting a Sensor Technician to join our growing team led by technical and business experts. The Technician will be involved in the production and testing of Synaptec’s sensing technologies; from process design to assembly and calibration.
The role is focussed on instrumentation system production for the power industry, based on Synaptec’s innovative electronic and photonic techniques. Good manual skills and confidence with tooling and machinery will be important. It is expected that the Technician will gain valuable experience with manufacturing, process development and stock management, and will take opportunities to develop new skills and input at a growing level to Synaptec’s operations.
The main features of the role will include:
• Assembling product to designated work instructions
• Testing to specified procedures
• Documenting build and test information
• Rejecting and documenting non-conforming products
• Inspection of work in progress
• Maintenance of stock item levels
• Assisting to improve and refine production processes within the guidance of the engineering team
The Technician will be involved in Synaptec’s process development and product testing and certification processes and will be given some autonomy to design and conduct processes within the overall guidance of the team.
This is a full-time post based at the Company’s facilities in central Glasgow.
• General numeracy and literacy skills
• Ability to read and understand work instructions and drawings
• Ability to build and test assemblies comprising small electronic components
• Ability to prioritise and manage own time to meet specified deadlines
• Ability to work effectively as part of a small, focused team
• Dediciation to good product traceability through accurate record-keeping
• Very good attention to detail
• Responsible commitment to safe working practices
• Good problem-solving abilities
• A keenness to learn new skills and abilities
• Experience with electronic assembly, e.g. soldering, printed circuit board assembly, wiring
• Experience in a technical production environment
• Fibre optics or optoelectronic system knowledge, including practical working knowledge of splicers, optical spectrum analysers, etc.
• Familiarity with high voltage environments and equipment
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Flexible working policy
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'