Senior Youth Support Worker (Complex Needs)
Are you passionate about working with young people, do you have well proven experience of working within mental health services including key-working with people?
Team - Camden Park Road
Hours - 37.5 hours per week
SHP provides a range of supported housing and community based floating support services for Young People in London. We aim to prepare our young people for independence and work collaboratively to positively impact their quality of life.
Our service in North London provides accommodation and support to young people who are either stepping down from tier four services or who have complex needs.
Reporting to the Manager, your role will require you to lead and motivate the team to deliver a service that empowers our young people to achieve their aspirations and make positive, sustainable life changes.
You will need to be ready to learn how to supervise and support the team within a strengths and recovery framework. You will also be skilled and have the capacity to develop your management skills with the support of the Manager.
We are looking for someone who will be able to:
- Manage the delivery of a service to Young People with a diverse range of needs.
- Demonstrate resilience and clarity when faced with challenging behaviour.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders.
- Motivate and support a team through change in order to meet local priorities.
- Develop & build on our structured opportunities program specifically for Young People.
If you think you have got what it takes to fill this role, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 23rd January 2020 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held: 3rd February 2020
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am - 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and IIP accredited. In the London Homelessness Awards 2019 one of our Projects has been commended for their work.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'