Search Consultancy has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Youth Justice Officer based at Cheshire West and Cheshire Council. Joining a supportive, experienced team on a temporary contract initially for 3 months
Responsibilities of the role include:
* To comply with statutory requirements, departmental policies and priorities, other relevant regulations and procedures and secure the most effective use of resources.
* To be responsible for the safeguarding and promote the welfare of children and/or vulnerable adults.
* To work within an Equal Opportunities framework and promote the development of anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice in all aspects of the work.
* To deliver a range of activities and services that contribute to the requirement of the Youth Offending Service to reduce offending by children and young people.
* To deliver relevant services to Courts and Youth Offender Panels in a manner that meets the statutory aims and objectives of the YOS.
* To contribute to assessments in relation to risk of harm, risk of re-offending, and to identify offence-related problems, requiring appropriate and targeted resources.
* To work with children assessed as being at risk of offending, and their families.
* To assist in the development and implementation of individual and group work programmes based on principles of effective practice for children, young people and their families who are in contact with the Youth Offending Service.
* To influence and work alongside local statutory and voluntary organisations and agencies as required, to help reduce and prevent offending by children and young people.
* To take part and contribute towards the service duty rota system.
* To collect and input data using computer systems, for the monitoring and evaluation of services. To carry out all duties with regard to confidentiality, data protection and disclosure regulations.
* To attend and actively participate in supervision with your Line Manager, and regular Team meetings.
* Evaluate the provision of service and contribute to policy and planning processes within the team, involving service users as appropriate, to ensure the continuing relevance of the service.
* To undertake such additional responsibilities/duties as are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
Due to the nature of the role, the manager has specified that any applicants to this role must be experienced within Youth Justice, Youth Offending or Probation and hold either a Social Work degree or Probation qualification
This role is subject to HCPC, DBS and reference checks.
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £250 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Mike Shaw on for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job