Senior WordPress Developer - Hybrid (Remote & London)
This digital agency is a world leader in sustainable web design and development. They are looking for a Senior WordPress Developer who is self-driven, has a high attention to detail and excellent technical capabilities. If this sounds like you and you’d like to work in a company that puts the environment at the heart of everything they do, then please read on.
They’re looking for a full-time WordPress Developer who is passionate about sustainable web design and development to join their semi-remote team based in London. If you have a strong technical background and fastidious attention to detail, then this might be the position for you. This is a full-time position in a nice and open environment. They adopt a semi-remote approach to work which means you will be able to split time between their London office (near Temple Tube Station), when they meet for team days and client meeting, and working from home.
As a Developer, you will be expected to develop bespoke WordPress themes (not a theme modification) and plugins to match project requirements. In most cases, you would be provided a website designed in Sketch, with a functional specification detailing expected functionality. The end result should be pixel perfect, accessible, responsive, efficient (low carbon emissions), secure, and performant. They also have a number of retainer clients so there will also be varied support and maintenance tasks to carry out.
- Advanced understanding of WordPress
- Considerable experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Experience with multilingual and multi-site WordPress installs
- Solid knowledge of and passion for the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), including WCAG 2.0 and WCAG 2.1
- Experience with Version Control systems (Git)
- Experience using build tools (Gulp, webpack, Sass)
- Experience with automated deployment
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Understanding of fundamental of DNS configurations, CDNs and SSL.
They are looking for someone who has the above skills to do the job, but perhaps more importantly, they are looking for someone who has the right attitude and who shares their vision to create a sustainable business and to help green the web.
- £’s; fully DoE up to £45k
- Benefits; Flexible working, 22 days of holiday + 8 bank holidays, Birthday off, Extra day of leave for using renewable energy at home, Paid volunteering opportunities, team days & team lunches, Pension, Free access to London’s Santander bikes, Climate Perks Scheme
- Location; split between your home / remote working & their central London offices (WC2 - near Temple Tube Station)
- Interested? Please send your (Word doc) CV,
- Please only apply if you already have a UK NI number & the ability to work in the UK indefinitely & without sponsorship
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? - Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Visit our website for lists of all current job opportunities,
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; senior wordpress developer lead wordpress developer php html css programmer home based remote hybrid London work from home
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'