Senior Womenswear Designer / Manager
Our clients story began in 1894 in South Shields in the North East of England. The Founder began supplying oilskins and other garments to protect the growing community of sailors, fishermen and dockers. These first weatherproof items quickly established our client’s reputation for innovation and quality.
Today, our client remains a fifth generation family business. Our client has grown into a lifestyle brand offering a wardrobe of stylish functional clothing and footwear for men, women and children inspired by the unique values of the British countryside.
The iconic wax jackets continue to be made by hand in our client's factory in South Shields. Each year approximately 25,000 wax jackets are sent back to our client to be repaired, rewaxed or altered. This unique service means our clients wax jacket is both practical and durable.
The proud holder of three Royal warrants, our client is sold as a full lifestyle proposition in over 40 countries worldwide, including Europe, the US and Japan.
Position: Senior Womenswear Designer / Manager Clothing
Location: South Shields, NE32 3HG
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Womenswear Designer / Manager to join their Womenswear team. The role will manage the full design and development process of seasonal ranges of women’s clothing, in line with commercial needs and critical path deadlines. The women’s clothing range is a broad wardrobe of branded styles across knitwear, shirting, jersey, skirts, dresses, bottoms, and across both our client and International brands.
- Create products with the appropriate features, price points, margin and intro dates, to deliver the seasonal objectives for each category within the relevant target markets
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key markets in which to grow sales within our client, through regular market visits and range reviews with key representatives from each market
- Create appropriate commercial branding packages for each range, together with comprehensive mood and colour boards
- Manage the clothing design team as an integrated team by setting team objectives and targets and reviewing these regularly, together with their behaviour against the company values
- Manage the use of freelance designers, making recommendations against the range briefs, workload and budgets
- Work closely with the fabric development team, to create relevant new colours and fabrics each season, in line with the critical path deadlines
- Work closely with the technical team and manufacturing base, to create prototype and selling samples to the required fit and specification, in line with the critical path deadlines
- Support the investigation and proposals for potential new suppliers where necessary
- Provide accurate information on all products to the Marketing and Ecommerce teams
- Present the product ranges to the Sales teams
- Undertake any other reasonable activity, as may be required by Head of Womenswear
- They must state that the successful applicant will need to be based four days per week in the South Shields office with one day working from home
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of designing, developing and presenting women’s clothing
- Preferable degree in fashion and design
- Proven people management experience preferably including the management of freelance designers
- Demonstrate an understanding of our clients brand positioning, it’s heritage and competitor brands
- Experience in creating clothing for multiple global markets
Successful applicants are to have experience of the following: Senior Designer, Womenswear Senior Designer, Womenswear Designer, Fashion Designer, Senior Fashion Designer, Womenswear, Fashion, Luxury Fashion, Clothing Designer, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.