Senior Wintel Engineer - Dunstable
Senior Wintel Engineer required to be responsible for the delivery of Wintel services from design and proof of concept phase through development and into support. This is 3rd line across commercial production, corporate, physical and virtual environments.
• Plan, build, configure and test new Wintel systems.
• Assist 3rd line support in the analysis of root causes of all major issues, planning redesigns where appropriate.
• Provide technical knowledge at project meetings during Wintel systems project lifecycle.
• Work in partnership with 3rd party suppliers, understanding and implementing industry best practice across our technology stack.
• Produce technical documentation for relevant support teams to work from as part of the handover process.
• Ensure that all Wintel services remain PCI DSS, ISO27001 and ISAE3000 compliant.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Good understanding of industry best practice across the Wintel technology stack.
• Excellent understanding of Wintel service offerings and the ability to articulate these at all levels in the organisation.
• Comprehensive working knowledge, delivery and troubleshooting of the following Wintel technologies:
Microsoft Operating Systems and technologies
Windows 2008/2012 Server and Windows 7.
Active Directory (Schema, Attributes, Topology, Replication, LDAP Queries)
Group Policy (Design, Modelling, Inheritance) Remote Desktop Services
Patch Management solutions (SCCM, WSUS, Shavlik, etc.)
Enterprise Virtualisation Technologies
VMware 5.0+ (VCP or equivalent knowledge)
IPv4 (Common Ports, DHCP, DNS, ARP, Routing Tables, Subnet Masking, VLANS)
Network security (Proxy servers, Firewalls, VPN).
High Density computing including blade server hardware (preferably HP C-class, Flex Fabrics and Virtual Connect configuration)
• Knowledge of or hands-on expertise with one or more of the following would be beneficial:
Scripting and Automation
PowerShell/CMD batch and 3rd party modules (e.g. VMware PowerCLI)
AutoIT Visual Basic
Distributed Service Technologies
SCCM OSD (Operating System Deployment) Microsoft Exchange 2013
Microsoft SQL server 2008 and 2012
Load Balancing/Clustering Technologies (MSCS, NLB, F5 BigIP)
Virtual Desktop Environments
Citrix (XenDesktop, MCS/PVS)
User Profile Virtualisation (AppSense, Citrix UPM or similar) Application virtualisation (MS APPV/RemoteApp, Citrix XenApp)
Hyper-Converged Appliances (e.g. VXRail/Nutanix)
SAN storage (EMC tools)
NAS / IP Storage (NFS/iSCSI)
Block and File level backup technologies (NetBackup).
AntiVirus (McAfee ePO and client components) Email Encryption (Symantec PGP)
Data Loss Prevention (Symantec/McAfee DLP)
Desirable Qualifications :
Microsoft Certification (MCP, MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS etc.)
VMWare Certified Professional
Citrix Certified Administrator/Professional
CCNA / CompTIA
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Group Policy
- Patch Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"