Senior Windows Engineer 10 years' experience - Brussels
Senior Windows Engineer (7+ years' experience) - Brussels - Windows server, Active Directory, Security, ADDS, ADFS, ADLDS - Brussels
Rate: €700 - €750
Length: 6 months initially
We are seeking for a Senior Windows engineer looking for a position combining product lifecycle management activities ( +- 40 Products ) , Project support by designing and integrating applications over the windows and virtualization platform and production 3th level support on resolving complex incidents and problems .
In this role , you will :
- Own a subset of products by managing the technical expertise, products lifecycle and security patching and compliancy .
- Assess the security vulnerabilities impacting the Windows & virtualization products and propose / follow the resolution together with the windows infrastructure teams.
- Support projects in integrating applications on the windows and virtualization platform by providing infrastructure expertise , guidelines and standards .
- Contribute to the 3th level support by troubleshooting complex incident in collaboration with other 3th level support teams if required.
- Investigate the root cause of production problems by performing deep technical analysis, coordinating the resolution and raising cases with the vendors if required.
- Contribute to weekend work ( average 1 weekend per 6 weeks )
- Contribute to overnight watch duty ( average 1week every 6 weeks )
This position will permit you to be involved in managing windows server lifecycle in a complex and hybrid environment: multi forest - multi domain, DMZ, SAN, virtualization, links with other platforms such as mainframe, networking elements, covering +- 1600 Windows servers.
This role will give you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.
Technical Skills & experience:
- Several years relevant experience in managing large windows server environments.
- Very good Knowledge on windows operating systems and related management component (Antivirus , Backup , monitoring etc ) .
- Very good Knowledge of Active directory, AD LDS and Federation services technologies .
- Very good Knowledge of overall security principles and techniques with a proven experience in the windows domain.
- Relevant experience in an engineering position ( design )
- Experience in producing complex authentication designs (ADDS, ADFS, ADLDS but also RSA, SSO, hybrid authentication )
- Good Knowledge of the Virtualization environments (VMware ) .
- Knowledge of clustering solutions and server hardware technologies (HP , Vblock ).
- Knowledge on one or more areas: SAN, NAS, Networking , RSA , Liberman , file & print services .
- Client Focused
- Team player
- Autonomous, self-learner
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Have a good Communication skill required to cooperate with other team members and people from other teams.
- Have a Good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- accurate: focus on quality rather than on speed.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to
- Active Directory
- Windows server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"