Senior Wholesale Commercial Optimisation Analyst- 12 Months FTC - Oxford
£30,000-£35,000 DOE + Annual Company Performance Bonus & Benefits
Are you looking to make an impact in a role as a senior member of the Wholesale Commercial Optimisation team? Are you able to lead the analysis and perform the complex analysis for core Wholesale Optimisation Projects?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Opus Energy, part of the Drax group, is a leading independent supplier of gas and electricity to businesses all over the UK. With over 300,000 customers and circa 900 employees spread across modern offices in Oxford, Northampton and now Cardiff, we're a dynamic and innovative organisation. Due to continued growth in our Wholesale Commercial department we are looking to recruit a Senior Wholesale Commercial Optimisation Analyst to join our fast-growing team in Oxford.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Responsibility for the running of projects for the Wholesale Commercial Optimisation team, such as hedging strategy options, forecast amendments and reporting for senior management
- Provision of a bridge from complex models into practical applications for the Hedging Ops team and the Renewable Ops team (e.g. the Renewable forecasts and how our system updates can feed through)
- Effectively manage projects, seeing them through to an outcome which adds value
- Ensure effective planning, organisation and innovation across the team
- Jointly create and maintain a pipeline of high-level, long-term projects broken down into achievable tasks, with means and progress reviewed on a regular basis
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum of 2 years' analytical experience
- Highly logical and numerate
- Advanced Excel skills
- Some experience using coding languages, ideally SQL, is desirable
- A near-faultless academic record in a numerical / business discipline (demonstrated at degree level)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to communicate effectively to all areas of the business at varying levels (being both clear and assertive)
- Excellent inter-personal, motivational and organisational skills (people and projects)
If this sounds of interest and you're keen to develop your career within a growing company, please apply today!
***Placement in this job is conditional on the successful completion of pre-employment checks relevant to the role. These checks could include DBS Basic Check, Adverse Financial Management check, confirmation of identity and business/educational references. The cost of these checks will be covered by Opus Energy, and the checks will not be requested until after a conditional job offer is made and accepted.***
- Data Modelling
- Commercial Analysis
- Graduate Analyst
- Forecast Analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job