The experience we need.
- Demonstrable experience testing a wide range of websites, with a sound understanding of test processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Brilliant analytical skills and knowledge of test-case creation techniques.
- Excellent visual awareness and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of content management systems (CMS) or similar multi-user workflow based systems.
- Good understanding of HTML, and using browser developer tools to diagnose issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience of automated testing and ability to create test scripts using Selenium.
Things like the following would be a real bonus but are not essential - experience of testing Drupal applications, ISEB-certified to Foundation Level or greater, xperience of API testing (in particular, Postman or SoapUI), database testing experience (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle etc.), some experience in Windows scripting language, i.e. VBScript, PowerShell, Batch Script, WMI, etc. or experience of automated testing using Selenium or Selenium WebDriver.
Reporting directly to the Digital Director, you will be conducting testing on a wide range of websites and web apps. You’ll also work closely with designers, developers, creative directors, and account managers to deliver complex systems with the highest levels of quality..
A typical day will include most of the following:
- Testing websites for functionality, accuracy and adherence to web standards and design.
- Working closely with business analysts and software developers to help create functional specifications and define acceptance criteria.
- Generating test cases and creating manual test scripts.
- Creating automated test scripts for regression testing systems.
- Recording and reporting testing results to project managers.
- Improving the in-house quality-testing processes.
- Managing, training and mentoring junior members of the testing team.
They’ve been in the business for decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of over 50+ people. They’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
What you’ll get in return.
- A competitive salary, reflective of your skills and experience.
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities, including industry-relevant conference attendance.
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to Work scheme with secure cycle bike locks (and a shower at the office!).
- The opportunity for reduced parking rates.
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Frequent social events.
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do and have fun while they do it.
How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony a call.