Key duties and responsibilities
- Take full responsibility for planning and implementing WordPress websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- Code and implement websites from Xd/Sketch layout through HTML/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins (if required - ideally functionality should be created natively).
- Work with the Head of Creative to provide clear and regular reports to clients during website builds, using Asana to track progress in an open way to allow roadblocks and risks to be flagged to the PM.
- Specify and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites.
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline web development cycle.
- Facilitate client website training, site documentation and maintenance.
- Work with APIs from a number of different sources to integrate 3rd party applications into sites.
- Provide expert advice to potential and current clients, and recommend the best ways of implementing their needs taking into consideration budgets and timelines.
- Support the Head of Creative and sales team to bring in new business with a professional, approachable and knowledgeable attitude.
- Be a source of wisdom and expertise to the junior developers, and a role model of clean code and excellent customer service standards.
- At least 6 years working in web development in increasingly senior roles, working in WordPress primarily.
- Any other platforms you can work in (Umbraco, Drupal, Magento etc) would be good to hear about, but we particularly love WordPress because we like to build sites which look good AND perform well for search.
- Excellent knowledge of good coding practices and web standards.
- Strong knowledge of current web development languages and environments (including HTML5, CSS3, PHP, databases/MySQL).
- Ability to build strong relationships, both with clients and internally, and the ability to explain complex ideas in simple language for non-developers.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks, taking responsibility for timely delivery and juggling competing priorities.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to check work of junior developers and provide productive feedback on their work.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of web server configurations (Windows and Linux)
- Experience with dynamic, geo-related, data-driven and/or e-commerce sites
The creative team is a talented, friendly and supportive group of designers, developers and UX specialists. We have a varied and interesting workload consisting of a mix of retainers and project work, so there’s opportunity to build strong relationships with clients and get to know their brands.
We are relaxed and informal in the office or at home and enjoy jokes and cat GIFs, but we also work hard, focus and get stuff done when we need to.
We are always looking to develop and add to our skill-sets, and keep up to date with trends and developments in our respective fields, so any new skills you can bring to the table would be appreciated.
We have regular team lunches and drinks as well as joining in with company-wide events. We also enjoy tea. A LOT of tea.What we give you
- Laptop and two monitors
- Your choice of Mac or PC
- Positive environment with a focus on learning and development
- Access to a variety of experienced colleagues who are all happy to help, so you’ll have access a great support network
- Proper dev work (no downloaded themes or jamming plugins in everywhere) - we build things from scratch as much as possible, and have our own framework that you can add elements to
- You’ll work on small and large, straightforward and complex projects, so there’s plenty of opportunity to grow as a developer
- Entirely optional company activities (e.g. Friday drink, yoga)
- Periodic homemade cake
- Relaxed, collaborative culture where autonomy is valued and encouraged
- 22-25 days of holiday per year, plus your birthday off
- Self-scheduled/flexible working hours, and the ability to work from home or in the office entirely dependent on your own preference
- Cycle to work scheme access
- Opportunities for growth and development within a growing company
- Fantastic office located inside Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard
- An employer who genuinely cares about you, and will support you
We take mental wellbeing seriously here. We run monthly mental wellbeing sessions and have an internal communications channel where we share wellbeing content. We are constantly working towards removing the stigma that surrounds mental health so that everyone feels more comfortable talking openly about it without fear of being judged.
If this is the perfect opportunity, and the perfect Company for you - please apply today via Solve Recrutiment!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'