Senior Web Developer
A unique opportunity has arisen to join a young and successful digital agency based in Hertfordshire that is growing exponentially. We are looking for someone with a passion for web development and the ability to inspire and grow a small team of Web Developers while creating a culture of best practice.
The successful candidate will have advanced web development skills in a range of environments, ideally in an agency environment. As well as responsibility for the development team, you will be a hands-on developer capable in WordPress through to eCommerce systems such as WooCommerce, Magento and bespoke projects.
In this role you will be the ‘voice’ who represents the development team in the wider business and working closely with the Company Directors to facilitate the company’s future growth plans.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Scoping project requirements
- Take ownership of projects and code quality while delivering to agreed deadlines
- Manage, train and motivate the development team
- Working closely with the sales and account management team
- In addition to leading the development team, you will also be very hands-on in developing projects and maintaining/supporting existing projects
- 5+ years Development experience
- Experience of CMS such as WordPress, Drupal, WooCommerce, Magento etc.
- Good knowledge of PHP (OOP) and MySQL
- Experience leading a team of web developers
- Proactive approach and strong problem-solving skills
(It is also highly desirable to have experience of frameworks such as jQuery, Laravel, Symphony, Angular, Node as well as version control and Linux.)
If you are looking for the challenge of an exciting and fresh digital development role, apply now!