Senior Web Developer
As key members of a fast-paced, top-5 rated UK digital agency, web developers implement and support industry-leading, responsive websites and web applications as part of the company’s high-quality digital product offering.
Developers work primarily in Python and Django on the back-end, and use a number of responsive technologies to deliver outstanding quality across mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
- Champion and implement industry-leading development best practices to ensure a high-quality web deliverable on every project.
- Work closely with the team’s Lead Developer to work within a company-wide development workflow - helping to enforce a consistent and streamlined process and highlight opportunities for improvement where necessary.
- Implement robust, high-quality, CMS managed websites and custom web applications to project deadlines.
- Provide support and guidance to members of the production team on back-end methodologies where required.
- Work to implement technical work on-spec and on-time.
- Make educated development suggestions in the case of an unconventional or hard-to-manage design vision.
- Proactive management and resolution of development issues that arise during a project’s life-cycle.
- Help to thoroughly test and iterate on development work to ensure it’s client-ready before it’s shared externally.
- Communication of potential commercial issues to a member of project management in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent knowledge of Python and the Django web framework.
- Full competence with Unix server environments and shell scripting.
- Experience with Git on the command-line.
- HTML5/CSS3/ & PostCSS.
- PostgreSQL (or another SQL) database administration experience and excellent understanding of relational database management within Django applications.
- Excellent knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and their resolution.
- Experience with popular third-party API integrations.
- An excellent technology generalist with an interest in the future of the Internet and its technical direction.
- Knowledge of responsive frameworks.
- Good knowledge of popular mobile hardware devices. Experience with Wordpress.
- Excellent attention to detail and diligence during the development process.
- A natural problem solver with a positive attitude - and also with an appreciation for Onespacemedia’s commercial obligations and brand reputation.
- A professional commitment to quality and transparency.
- A good verbal and written communicator, with experience dealing directly with clients if it’s necessary.
- A team player who isn’t afraid to get involved in wider company discussions and support and mentor others if the opportunity arises.
- 3+ years commercial (and preferably, agency) experience in a full-stack or back-end development position.
- Technical or multimedia degree preferable (Comp Sci, Graphic Design, Multimedia Production) but not compulsory.
Excellent opportunity knocking - Email me to find out more...
- Unix Operating Systems
- Full Stack
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job