Our client, an agency in the heart of Brighton are looking for a Senior Web Applications Developer to work on a wide range of existing and new web application builds for them. This role requires you to participate in all phases of the project lifecycle, from requirement definition to testing and delivery - You will have a compelling track record of developing bespoke app solutions on web technologies for a range of situations. You will also be expected to integrate fully with our existing development team, advance technical best practices in all activities and help define and lead the technical direction of the agency.
You will have:
- Expert level skills in Software Architecture, Software Development Fundamentals, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), and a cross-platform range of skills
- Expert level knowledge of modern PHP, and a high level of understanding of MySQL and MariaDB, database design and writing performant queries.
- Familiarity with .Net technologies
- Git and GitHub
- Experience architecting and building websites and applications on modern open source frameworks (Laravel, Symfony2)
- Proficiency in writing and using unit tests
- Experience in integrating websites with other web applications and systems, both commercial and open source
- Strong knowledge and experience of a range of content management systems, including SharePoint, Drupal and WordPress.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with clients to define and develop user requirements
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchased alternatives
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contribute to team meetings; troubleshoot development and production issues across multiple environments and operating platforms.
Additionally you will:
- Provide technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for a successful implementation phase on all client projects.
- Work in partnership with the development team, ensure technical solutions are properly architected and specified, and review all code for quality assurance
Client Management Responsibilities:
You will be expected to partner well with project managers to successfully manage our client relationships, by:
- Understanding each client’s organizational goals and objectives
- Defining objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Developing lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
- Ensuring compatibility, standards compliance and accessibility/disability compliance
- Elicits cooperation from a variety of sources including internal and external resource.
You will be expected to:
- Support and develop web application developers by providing advice, coaching and training opportunities and mentoring, helping team members progress toward their professional development goals
- Define and disseminate technology best practices
- Ensure we are proactive in our pursuit of new solutions and innovation
- Advance the firm’s thought leadership, specifically around web technologies, via the NLS website, social media outlets and industry events and conferences.
You will have:
- A BSc in computer science or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in software development, web design or application development services, ideally as a consultant or in a consulting company
- A proven ability to consistently deliver technology projects on time, on budget with high quality results and satisfied clients.
- Confidence in consulting with clients on what it takes to be successful on the web
- The ability to juggle multiple projects/clients simultaneously and be comfortable performing a variety of roles and tasks within the company (i.e. development, technical leadership, training, requirements analysis)
- Hardworking, honest, enthusiastic, and flexible; takes accountability seriously and possesses high integrity and professionalism
- A strong understanding of web trends, including social media and mobile issues
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision. Equally skilled at working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Curious and adept at researching project-related issues and challenges.
- Demonstrates accountability; owns outcomes and results, prioritizes tasks, and consistently meets deadlines.
- Software Development
- Web Applications
- Web Development