Job Description for Senior Warehouse Team Leader in Swindon.
The main purpose of the Senior Warehouse Team leader Role is to manage a logistics team and other Team Leaders whilst maintaining customer targets and service quality at our clients site in Swindon.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Warehouse Team Leader
- Ensure all data input is accurate and in the correct format.
- Provide regular reports for departmental managers.
- Ensure Export data is booked accurately.
- Liaise daily with customer facing staff and ensure all relevant work is completed on time and on target.
- Understand customer Gant Charts.
- Ensure all IFS activities are done correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all pallet movements are recorded and accurate.
- Ensure any customer issues arising are dealt with in accordance to our standards and that they are not repeated.
- Work to a standard of Continuous Improvement methodology.
- Ensure that the daily surveillance monitors are checked and completed by each Team Leader.
- Ensure Time sheets are completed on a daily, shift by shift bases accurately and signed by associates.
- Ensure weekly Team Briefings are carried out and signatures obtained.
Key Competencies of the Senior Warehouse Team Leader
- PC literate with customer systems and supplier systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good time management, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- A good eye for detail.
- Professional appearance.
- Possess a willingness to learn, take full responsibility and grow with the organisation.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Empathy and tolerance.
- Prepared to challenge.
- Results and achievement motivated.
- Shows initiative, especially when dealing with new ideas.
- Rotating through all 3 shifts essential.
- Good Customer facing skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse and transport logistics.
- Hazard Reporting.
- Checking FLT condition and reporting concerns to Linde.
- Safety Observation Reporting.
- End of shift reporting.
- Team briefings.
- Process development.
- Full Investigation of any accident, incident or near miss that happens including registering it on the SHE system.
- Return to work procedures.
- Stage 1 Disciplinary and / or Investigations.
- Disciplinary note taking when required.
- FLT license would be beneficial but would look to train for the right candidate.
Experience of the Senior Warehouse Team Leader
- A willingness to learn about all of our operational requirements, accept FULL responsibility for a shift, the shift Team Leaders and have the desire to grow with this role is a key requirement.
- Previous experience as a Team Leader, supervisor, lead associate.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Warehouse Team Leader
- To cover for the Warehouse Manager in his absence.
- Complete and Issue the weekly Team Planner.
- Check and sign off the weekly time sheets for the agency and issue a PO number.
- Check and sign off the weekly time sheets for all permanent members of staff including the Team leaders.
- Complete and issue a weekly Team Briefing, communicate and issue, ensuring all Team Leaders conduct a weekly briefing and get signatures.
- Update the PATT record system and ensure that all Team Leaders comply with the process.
- Complete all issued Accident, incident and near miss reports onto the SHE system. Record detail onto the H&S record. Re-issue with cause and countermeasures to CPS and file paperwork records.
- Approve/Reject any holiday requests.
- Communicate and action requests from the customer in accordance with our SLA, ensuring that we transact all movements or adhoc requests.
- Daily communication with the Team Leaders and support when required any concerns or issues.