Job Paths 4 U are looking for a Senior Waking Night Care Worker for a Residential Care Home based in Launceston.
As a Senior Waking Night Care Worker you will stay awake throughout the night to support the elderly residents and lead a team of care workers delegating tasks.
This residential care home is based in a rural area of Cornwall has beautiful views and is dedicated to supporting the elderly and those with Dementia.
My client is looking for a strong-minded, passionate and confident person with great leadership qualities to work in their residential home based in Launceston.
Duties and Responsibilities for this role include:
- To carry out checks around the home and on service users with due regard to service users’ privacy and dignity
- To carry out regular checks on the building with special reference to fire prevention and security
- To lead the shift and delegate tasks
- Support a team of care workers
- To respond to the needs of service users, to assess emergency situations, contacting the manager on call as required
- To support colleagues throughout the night to assist residents who require 2 staff
- To support residents with their personal care requirements in the morning and in preparing for bed as identified within the individual care plans
- To be responsible for the correct administration of medication, once assessed as competent
- Take full responsibility for the monitoring and safe keeping of all medication administered, including maintaining adequate records
- To assist residents who need help, reassurance or support throughout the night
- When not attending to residents needs, undertake domestic duties primarily in the fields of laundry and cleaning/dusting, as identified
- To maintain accurate notes and records within the resident’s individual files and to handover information to day staff that is relevant to the ongoing care of individual residents
- To take part in staff meetings and training activity needs as identified
Minimum requirements for this role are:
- Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Experience of working with the elderly
- Experience leading a team and delegating tasks
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years’ experience in the care of older people, Mental Health and preferably in a dementia care environment
Salary: £9.25 per hour Increasing to £9.75 once medication training is completed
Contact: Adam at Job Paths 4 U
Visit our website for all of our current vacancies www.jobpaths4u.com
- Personal Care
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'