• To rig, set-up, operate and de-rig a wide range of specialist video & LED screens and associated products along with other related AV products.
• Set up and operate multi- screen projection and video screen systems
• Manage and lead a team of AV/ event technicians, crew and sub-contractors during in-house preparation, build -up, use and de-rig of events, thus ensuring an efficient and safe event that is delivered on time and within budgeted hours
• To undertake and oversee the pre-production and preparation of equipment for an event
• To provide technical solution design, assisting the sales team with support, specifications and costings for client’s events.
• Where required represent the Company on site meetings and liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers.
• Assist with daily liaison between company departments, sales, operations teams and warehouse regarding crewing and AV equipment requirements
• To provide on-site technical support where required
• Delivering and collecting equipment from various venue sites and suppliers
• Assist with the project management of an event in line with any detailed brief supplied by the sales team.
• Ensure that all audio-visual services are delivered to clients in a professional and efficient manner. Liaising with clients on finer details such as equipment placement, control areas etc
• Assist and advise clients on the operation of certain equipment supplied without an on-site technician.
• Assist in maintaining quality control i.e. - monitoring condition of equipment, reporting any faults etc.
• Providing all required post event reports and analysis
• Assisting with the preparation of H&S documentation.
• Assist with any training of technical staff on the use and operation of new equipment & technologies
• To operate in compliance with the Companies Health & Safety policy and procedures at all times
As this is a senior position within our technical team we are looking for someone with solid background within the AV and Events industry.
The successful candidate will be someone who;
• is presentable, polite. well-mannered and well groomed. You must have good communication and client-facing skills as you will be operating in a corporate environment.
• understands the flexible nature of the events industry and who is used to working unsociable hours and working under pressure to strict timelines.
• is fluent in English - both spoken and written.
• has at least 3 years’ experience as a Video technician
• has a full, clean UK drivers licence with a good knowledge of London and the transport system.
• is a team player who is able to operate calmly under pressure. We are looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about a long-term career in the AV Industry
You will have experience in the following technologies
• Vision mixers / switchers - Roland, Analogway, Barco etc
• Video Wall processors - eg Novastar, Datapath X4 / FX4, etc
• Video Displays - Large Format Displays (LFD’s), Projectors (Panasonic, Christie, Barco etc) LCD Video walls, LED Video walls (Absen, Unilumen, DigiLED, etc)
• Video Signals and distribution - HD-SDI, HDMI over Cat5, Scan converters, EDID, etc
• Software; Powerpoint, Keynote, Qlab, Playback Pro, etc
• Audio; PA systems, Wireless mics, Digital & analog audio mixers
• Lighting - basic knowledge of DMX and lighting control
- LED Displays
- Video Technician