The role of Senior Video Project Manager is to supply account handlers and other project managers’ specialist technical advice and assist with quotations for projects. In addition to this Senior Video Project Managers will be expected to work on video specific projects independently, providing a full service to clients. When onsite the Senior Video Project Manager will be responsible for the video team, this is to include both permanent and freelance staff. The role will also require independent account handling. The role requires a good knowledge of video signals and processing, projection including multi-projector widescreen applications, LED video wall systems, pixels spaces, camera systems and PPU’s, large format video switchers and media servers. This is not an exhaustive list but outlines key areas of required knowledge.
Key activities and responsibilities
• In Depth knowledge of video systems used within the Live Events Industry
• Liaise with account handlers and clients to provide support & advice with video requirements
• Strong understanding of video signal flow and pixel spaces
• Ensure projection and LED screen calculations are correct with regards to lenses, power and processing
• Build strong and sustainable customer relationships with new and existing customers
• Creating and amending video specifications within R2 Rental System to ensure the efficient use of our inventory, whilst liaising with account handlers & customers to ensure suitability of quotation
• Produce detailed schematics per job for both power and signal flows
• Produce H&S documents for events
• Maintain customer contact throughout project duration, ensuring that the project reaches a satisfactory conclusion
• Communicating with Project Coordinators to ensure smooth execution of event
• Report back at the end of each project any shortfalls in working practices and possible improvements
• Assist in the technical preparation of equipment, as directed by the Head of Video, to ensure that it meets both ours and the client's standards, including liaising with warehouse staff, account handlers & other project managers
• Act a senior representative and manage of the video department when onsite
• Procuring third party services where required
• To attend technical forums as required to represent video, discuss equipment requirements & determine service improvements
- Ad hoc duties as required in relation, as directed by Head of Video or other Directors
• Actively engage in continuous improvement ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to your line manager.
• Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company.
• Take a participative role in the Company’s sustainability initiative and ensure where possible your actions support the achievement of this initiative; reuse, recycle and replenish.
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety, corporate, client and legislative standards across the function
You will be required to develop and maintain positive and progressive working relationships both internally and externally, in order to facilitate growth and integration across the business.
This is a full-time role with offering a competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Hours of work
A 40-hour week working Monday to Friday, typically between the hours of 09:00 - 18:00 (with one hour unpaid lunch).
You may be required to work evenings and weekends during busy periods in order to meet the demands of the business, including overseas travel as required.
Our holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum (plus bank holidays and statutory public holidays).
The above role information is not exhaustive and the company reserve the right to amend this at any time.
- Project Management
- Audio Visual