The Senior Vendor Manager (SVM) provides review and direction for vendor activities, ensuring that the vendor's performance meets expectations. The SVM will take appropriate action to correct failed activities, functions and processes. They will also assess internal customer satisfaction levels with selected vendors, and continuously guide service activities to maintain and enhance the gains achieved through corrective actions.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Set vendor/service provider performance direction and priorities, and prepares new SLAs as required
- Accountable for ensuring both parties implement and manage their relationship according to the contractual (and non-contractual) vendor governance framework.
- Ensure vendor governance is implemented at all levels and is monitored for compliance/success.
- Facilitates and maintains relationships between strategic vendors and internal resources, including IT stakeholders and executive leadership to drive proper alignment on business and operational topics
- Develops and maintains a structured vendor performance management framework across the Whitbread vendor portfolio.
- Work alongside procurement colleagues to assist with and understand any current requests for information (RFIs), requests for quotations (RFQs) and requests for proposal (RFPs) that are in the pipeline.
- Work with all teams (security, compliance, audit, HR, accounts payable and so on) to ensure that vendors are performing in accordance with existing requirements and regulatory obligations.
- Manage internal contract-related complaints or disagreements from the business or other internal stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate a clear and concise contract overview (summary of key contract terms, risks, opportunities and service delivery guidelines) to key stakeholders, and provide clarity on contract elements when required.
- Contribute to service review meetings to ensure delivery against objectives and contract budgets. Develop regular reports on service milestones, execution and risk, and inform internal customers, vendors and management of activities and progress through regular written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate a clear line of sight from business objectives to vendor performance management metrics when creating reports.
- Establish and communicate clear and concise vendor performance management metrics by creating effective vendor management dashboards.
What we are looking for
- Experience in managing large complex contracts in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service and communication
- Experience working with all key departments (security, compliance, finance, AP, legal and procurement etc.).
- Working knowledge of IT concepts and systems
- Knowledge of performance management trends, licensing models, and traditional and emerging contract and vendor performance models
- Strong process management skills, with the ability to handle multiple vendors and multiple contracts
- Experience with negotiating and managing service life cycles, with an emphasis on technology or IT service agreements., as well as a wide range of tasks
- Ability to understand contract/service risks and to work with other parts of the organisation in crafting tactics and strategies for risk mitigation
- Strong dispute resolution and mediation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive win-win outcomes for both parties
- The ability to communicate with IT users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures
- Knowledge of market trends in contract and pricing models, service delivery and performance management, and innovations