London or Newbury
Vodafone UK is looking for an experienced UX/UI designer to join our growing Digital Experience team. You’ll be working across a variety of platforms and products, designing ways our customers can interact with us using the latest technologies such as Chatbot, Voice and AI.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving, multi-disciplinary team of user experience designers, visual and interaction designers, researchers, content strategists and web developers who collaborate closely with each other to create experiences that inspire, engage and excite our customers.
It’s an exciting time to join the team as Vodafone is putting Digital at the heart of everything we do. We’re currently reinventing our entire digital estate so there’s lots of opportunity to help shape our future and deliver digital innovation.
See http://labs.vodafone.co.uk for some examples of our latest work.
As a UX/UI Senior Designer you will:
- Have a mix of User Experience and User Interface design skills – including interaction and Information Architecture design, psychology and user-centred design principles.
- Possess a passion for all things design, with the ability to demonstrate this passion through your work and when communicating with business stakeholders and customers.
- Work within an Agile multi-disciplinary team to design and deliver user-interface designs and journeys across our website, app and other digital platforms.
- Work closely with a wide range of people from across the business to understand and interpret requirements, identify opportunities, and communicate design strategy and rationale.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Help provide mentoring and training to junior members of the team, as and when required.
Who you are
- A creative problem-solver who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative and Agile environment.
- Passionate about developing strategies derived from insight, with the mastery of your craft to turn these into products (both interactions and visuals) adhering to user-centred design principles.
- You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for multi-variant testing.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, InVision etc).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations when designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, conversational and voice interfaces, Android and iOS apps.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.