Senior Urban Designer
We are delighted to be working with a nationally recognised leading Independent Consultancy that specialises in planning, design, environment and economics as they continue to attract exceptional talent into their expanding teams.
With ongoing investment across their locations, we are currently seeking a Senior Urban Designer to join an established and recognised high performing team based in Derbyshire. As a progressive leader you will be able to demonstrate experience in the preparation of testing layouts, plans and drawings, together with the design and access statements as well as an understanding of all other necessary documentation.
You will have had exposure to leading teams throughout the design process (brief development to site analysis; design development and the preparation of outline and detailed planning applications).
Throughout your career as an Urban Designer you will have had exposure to (and preferably experience across) the industry standard software packages such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup.
- Provide design support for medium and large scale residential and mixed-use masterplans and housing layouts
- Contribute to the design process by producing diagrams and documents
- Prepare a range of high quality plans and graphic outputs using AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite and 3D software including Sketch-up
- Undertake site visits and write reports to inform subsequent design development.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree level education in Urban Design or equivalent with a postgraduate qualification in Urban Design preferred (not essential).
- Experience working on residential-led urban design development projects is beneficial
- Previous experience working with house builder clients (demonstrate commercial awareness)
- Knowledge of current planning issues and wider regulatory framework.
- Knowledge of housing layout design would be beneficial
- Experience in industry software such as AutoCAD, Adobe (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) and Sketchup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are looking to join an organisation that invests in its people, helps you to develop your career and has a nationally respected reputation then this is a role worth talking about. Call me Kelly Puttock or apply on line now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"