Senior Unified Communications Engineer
Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions and Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.5 billion in sales in 2017 and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 122 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Senior Unified Communications EngineerResponsibilities:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Unified Communications Engineer to join our team based in St Neots on a permanent basis. You will be required to
- Provide overall enterprise level Cisco VoIP infrastructure systems planning, operations and maintenance, and management.
- Manage UC infrastructures for operational networks.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for all matters related to the UC infrastructure efforts.
- Perform analyses on UC infrastructure to discover and document the baseline.
- Provide advanced technical analyses of Cisco US challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to enterprise needs.
- Experience with industry standard VoIP technologies (SIP, H323, SCCP and MGCP)” and with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a Sr. Engineering position.
- Network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, Routers, Switches, Voice Gateways, VG224’s.
- Strong knowledge (i.e. routers and switches) and strong understanding of VoIP is required (i.e. various types of IP based voice products – Cisco CUCM)
- Design dial plan schemes, trunking, transmissions and reporting of trunking and capacity metrics. Ability to adapt various systems and customer environments to a converged technology (i.e. convert a legacy TDM site to an IPT site)
- Extensive knowledge in VoIP transport such as, H.323, SIP, Inter Cluster trunking, Call Admission and Control mechanisms, centralization of call processing and trunking services and network policy enforcement (i.e. QoS)
- Experience in configuring Cisco IOS based media gateway devices for ISDN PRI connections, as well as an understanding of advanced IP to IP gateway functionality
- Display knowledge in VoIP network sizing, EVPN networks, and COS traffic classifications.
- Prior experience with legacy PBX phone systems
- Voice and data network company transport such as; T1/E1, IP using private line networks. Working knowledge of Video H.261 protocols and equipment, IPv4 addressing and router components and functionality.
- Familiarity with next generation technologies such as Unified Communications, Session Border Controller (SBC), and Session Management is a plus
- Effectively communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others in a team environment.
Certifications - Active CCNA or CCNP in Voice certification is required
- Bachelor Degree or relevant (6+ year) of experience
- 6+ years of Cisco UC engineering experience
Hour and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Private Health Care
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Onsite parking
- Childcare vouchers
The hours of work are 36.5 per week.
Please apply online to be considered for the Senior Unified Communications Engineer role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'