Senior Unified Communications Engineer, Egham
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:-
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to research, design and implement enterprise technologies across Gartner’s global unified computing landscape.
You will partner with operational and application stakeholders to define requirements and develop architecture for scalable and reliable UC environment designed to meet business growth for 2018 and beyond.
What you’ll do:
Configuration, troubleshooting and support of complex UC deployments
Ensure overall availability and stability of all Collaboration and Voice/Video Infrastructure technologies supported
Manage infrastructure projects or tasks (upgrades, migrations, maintenance, and new technology) to completion with minimal supervision.
Configuration, troubleshooting and support of IP-Telephony systems and protocols , voice and video QOS
Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of IPT, call centers, networking concepts
Identify, Isolate and resolve complex voice and video problems to mitigate business impact
Evaluation, testing and planned deployment of new voice and video technologies
Troubleshooting of complex applications and network issues using various real time traffic analysis tools
Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices
Manage projects and maintenance tickets
Provide and maintain detailed network documentation
Execute performance and statistical monitoring and develop procedures and best practices to improve overall environment
Provides technical support for new and existing technologies in collaboration with other technical and management stakeholders
Provides continuous evaluation of the company's telephony infrastructure and initiate expansion or remediation projects to support growth and mitigate risks
Collaborates with IT partners to administer and support infrastructure environments and define the overall support process
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (IT, Computer Science) or equivalent experience
- Cisco VOIP certifications
- 5 -10 years Information technology field supporting a large enterprise
- Basic understanding of routing and switching protocols
- VOIP, Cisco Call Manager, Unity and Contact Center, IM and Presence, CER, Cisco Enterprise License Manager, Voice Gateways, architecture, troubleshooting and administration
- Advanced expertise in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Voice gateways (MGCP/H323/SIP) besides voice-related systems, applications.
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco Call Manager 10.X and above
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Skype for Business
- Knowledge and experience with SBCs
- Knowledge and experience with Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco ASA Firewall and AnyConnect VPN
- Knowledge and experience with load balancer, wan accelerator, content filtering platforms
- Fundamental understanding of UNIX and Microsoft Server OS
- PowerShell or comparable scripting and automation experience
- Knowledge and experience with vendor management
- Ability to travel both domestic and international
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit gartner.com to learn more.