**Location for this position is flexible, home based contracts are considered**
Overall Purpose of Job
The Senior Underwriter is responsible for underwriting mortgage applications up to £2m mandate limit in accordance with Kensington Lending policy, TCF principles and FSA responsible lending best practice. It is expected they will maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge and apply the highest standards of risk based underwriting at all times. The relationship with the Operations team is fundamental to the delivery of a seamless service to the client and the highest levels of proactive co-operation and approachability are expected.
- Underwrite mortgage applications in accordance with Kensington's lending policy, TCF and responsible lending principles.
- Provide a deep underwriting knowledge and technical expertise to underwrite Kensington Premier Range applications / resolve complex mortgage queries and issues
- Provide a technical reference and escalation point for underwriters, NBAs and other internal colleagues and support technical training where appropriate to enhance team and individual skills.
- Maintain a high level understanding of lending policy and risk appetite for all other new mortgage origination brands within the portfolio.
- To be responsible for all underwriting queries, resolution of issues and decisions in principle for new cases prior to processing by Operations.
- Act fairly and reasonably in line with TCF and responsible lending principles in all dealings with intermediaries, solicitors and valuers.
- To comply with the Code of Business Ethics and ensure your responsibilities regarding the Prevention of Financial Crime (including money laundering, identification and reporting of fraud) are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company's internal policies.
- Proactively keep up to date with human resource policy, external legislation, funding constraints, product criteria and underwriting criteria changes to ensure prudent underwriting.
- Identify improvements to performance and the process, working with managers and other areas of the business.
- Identify trends around decline and NLP business and those areas of lending policy that are prohibitive to efficient processing, and provide recommendations and solutions to lending policy or documentation to help improve our application to offer measures.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Ability to coach other underwriters and members of the Operations Team
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly
- Experience in Prime and Specialist lending as an Underwriter holding a large loan mandate of £750k minimum
- Experience of underwriting applications for High Net Worth Individuals
- Confident in assessing complex income streams, limited company accounts and applications involving umbrella companies.
- Able to demonstrate that they are proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of TCF, Responsible lending and FCA thematic reviews.
- Able to prioritise effectively to manage multiple underwriting functions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'