Senior UI/UX Designer
Clerkenwell, London - £60,000 to £65,000 + benefits
Our client is an award winning e-commerce business based in Clerkenwell, London. As part of the Design team you'll be an ever-present advocate for the user, working on products and services that place the needs of the user at the heart of our product. We are looking at continuously improving our UX, launching new products and developing the proposition, while all the while making new features...this is where we need you!
We’re looking for an end to end Designer with strong visual skills, who will be involved right from the start to execution. Your interest and focus will be in human-centred visual design. Your strength will be in UI and visuals, with a broad knowledge of common user interface design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory.
You’re someone whose proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud and prototyping software.
You are someone who realises the importance of connecting and balancing business goals with user needs. On a daily basis, you will collaborate with our Developers and other team members to determine the best and most practical ways to implement your designs.
We are looking for a Product designer to join the digital product team. You will work with our product managers, designers and engineering team, including key stakeholders, to deliver our products and services across all digital touch points. You will work on the foundational parts of the company from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations on microinteractions.
You will need to be an experienced and well-rounded professional easily marrying customer needs, business needs, innovation and good design.
As part of the Product tech team, you will cover work streams for the website and mobile web and any of our new digital products.
- You'll work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realise them.
- You'll sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess viability and design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts .
- Deliver exceptionally beautiful, pixel-perfect designs across our digital touch points for all phases of visual UI and interactive design work from concept through to live
- Utilise and evolve the principles, patterns and styles in our digital style guidelines and components library so that they remain up to date.
- You'll iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- You'll work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas.
- Relevant experience as a Product designer.
- A passion for design.
- Fantastic design portfolio.
- Ability to demonstrate strong prototyping skills, and user flows.
- Ability to think outside the box in order to solve problems. Be the 'eyes of the customer’ and balance customers’ needs with business requirements while considering technical constraints.
- Think 'mobile first’ in applying design across multiple devices (mobile, desktop, tablet).
- Proficient in industry standard software such as Abode creative cloud, Sketch, Invision and Zeplin.
- Strong working knowledge of and passion for interaction and user-centred experience design, including comprehensive awareness of new platforms and technologies.
- Good eye across typography, layout, composition and craft. Excellent conceptualising skills and a key eye for detail.
- Up-to-date with current design trends and usability best practice.
Bonus skills & attributes
- Experience with animations and or visual interactions.
- You enjoy writing and speaking about design.
At least 2-4 years of experience as a UI / UX and or Product designer working on the full lifecycle of a digital product.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"