My client is looking to recruit an experienced Treasury Reporting Accountant to join their expanding team.
This role, within the Global Treasury Controller Group, is responsible for maintaining the accounting records of several of the Group’s treasury companies reporting to and supporting the Senior Manager: Global Treasury Accounting and Reporting.
This includes the ownership of monthly Group and management accounts including monthly forecasting of profit and cash, as well as annual budgets, plans and statutory accounts. This entails responsibility for ensuring processes are documented properly for SOX and evidence that such controls are operating, is obtained throughout the year.
This role is also responsible for operating certain accounting processes and controls on a daily basis, and provides ad hoc analysis as required by the Treasury Controllership team.
Driving change is an ongoing expectation for all roles in the Treasury Controllership team given the ambitious and forward thinking nature of our organisation. Identifying where opportunities are to drive operational efficiencies as well as creating or re-designing processes to move the team forward is a key deliverable.
- Producing annual statutory accounts for all treasury companies and dealing with external auditors as part of this process
- Performing monthly and Quarterly Group reporting in Cognos Controller (Consolidation system).
- Preparing monthly management reporting and control packs.
- Preparing all required finance owner monthly/quarterly sign offs for the Treasury node and taking the Finance owner through the review/submission of these each month.
- Preparing annual budgets and plans for relevant Treasury companies
- Producing daily cash analysis for Treasury entities including variance analysis to daily cash budget submissions.
- Performing monthly re-forecast of profit and cash for Treasury entities.
- Performing/reviewing the daily Treasury Back Office processes in the Treasury Management System including payments, bank reconciliations and setting up new payees.
- Qualified chartered accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA)
- Treasury qualification desirable (e.g. AMCT)
- Degree level education
- Build strong relationships across the Global organisation with effective collaboration and communication with a range of stakeholders
- Strong track record of delivery on deadlines and accountabilities
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Always on the lookout for new opportunities to strengthen process, build efficiencies and deliver high quality financial accounting with robust controls
- TMS experience desirable (eg City Financials, IT2)
- Consolidation system experience desirable (eg Cognos, HFM)
- Experience working with a large multinational or big-4 desirable
- Occasional travel may be required, both international and domestic
Only relevant candidates will be contacted
- Variance Analysis
- Treasury Management