ob Title: Senior Transport Planner
Salary: £34K - £40K
About the Role
Here is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Transport Planner to join a friendly and dynamic Transportation team based in Southampton. The role will include a range of development transport projects from commercial, retail, and residential through to local authority schemes.
1. Preparing Transport Statements, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans for a range of development planning projects across the region.
2. Project management of smaller projects and collaborative team working on larger projects.
3. Various forms of transport modelling to highlight various scenarios and assumptions.
4. Working in a multi-disciplinary office
5. Helping train and mentor new graduates and junior staff.
1. Post Graduate experience as a Transport Planner/Transport engineer in a consulting or local authority environment.
2. A Bachelor's degree in a related subject, and a Master's degree in transport would be ideal
3. Solid written and verbal communication skills
4. Experience in Transport Statements, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans;
5. Experience in Access and parking strategies, sustainable transport, S106 agreements, S278 agreements and guidance such as NPPF, DfT Transport Assessment guidelines, Manual for Streets etc;
6. Setting up and running PICADY's and ARCADYS;
7. An understanding of LINSIG and can carry this modelling out for different scenarios
8. The principles of micro-simulation and strategic models/modelling
9. Junction design (priority, roundabout, signals);
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.