Senior Transport Planner, Cambridgeshire
About the role
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure are recruiting a Senior Transport Planner to join our growing team in the Cambridgeshire region, working in partnership with Skanska to deliver Professional Services consultancy to their Term Maintenance Contracts.
You will be a highly motivated individual to help mobilise a new Capita presence in the East Midlands region. The vision is to establish a small team of up to 10 staff in year one of the contract and then grow incrementally thereafter responding to local opportunities.
The role will see you based in Huntingdon, with a team of transport planning professionals. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing part of the Capita Infrastructure business,
About Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is one of the UK's largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale.
We have over 4,000 staff at 50+ offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
We are a wholly-owned division of Capita Plc, a FTSE 250 member and the UK's leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions.
What you will do:
- Preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
- Undertake traffic modelling using ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, S-Paramics, VISSIM and SATURN;
- Assist with data collection, to include parking surveys and trip counts; analyse and present the results;
- Providing technical information to project design teams;
- Applying quality requirements to own work and work of team for quality and accuracy of technical output.
- Ability to manage resources to align with changing workload patterns to meet project demands;
- Prepare fee proposals for packages of work;
- Access the contractual and commercial exposure a package of work may have and initiate the necessary mitigation measures;
- Set and work to deadlines and targets, for oneself and others;
- Compliance with relevant Health and Safety regulations and company practice;
- Working in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure integrity of the overall design.
Your experience will include:
- A BEng/BSc in an appropriate field. e.g. geography, maths or engineering and ideally a transport related post-graduate qualification.
- A minimum of 4-5 years post qualification experience in in transport planning / transportation / development planning.
- You will be able to demonstrate a high level of good communication skills at both a written and verbal level.
- The ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage junior staff and successfully manage projects;
- A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering;
- Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, VISSIM, SATURN etc;
- Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies;
- Proven experience in preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
- Proven experience in developing and preparing strategic highways schemes and associated business case development;
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you25 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job