Senior Trading Underwriter
Role: Senior Trading Underwriter
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 DOE + Location Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is one of the world’s leading Insurance Providers, operating on a global basis, they have around 55,000 employees serving customers in over 170 countries.
The client provides solutions to individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations.
This is an exciting role to join our client as a Senior Trading Underwriter. The right person for this role will analyse and underwrite new and renewal business, regularly interacting and facing the market, utilising our clients Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on assignments of moderate technical complexity ensuring a high level service to customers.
Senior Trading Underwriter - Key Skills and Responsibilities
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules, and insurance laws and regulations.
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives and other business related needs, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Support the organization's sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase the organization's product density with the account.
- Promote the organization's products and services in order to increase penetration with agency plant.
- Participate in Sales Team meetings as they relate to assigned brokers and / or territory.
- Provide coaching and mentoring on a regular basis to colleagues
- Assist in creating and delivering training
- Assist in leading the team, in conjunction with the Business Manager to achieve the financial and customer objectives
Senior Trading Underwriter - Competencies
- Excellent Team Player
- Strong verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
- Strong Relationship Management skills
- Proactive and able to manage a varied workload
- Strong Analytical skills
- Highly motivated / Self starter
In return they are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. They are committed to continuous improvement and they offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
- Commercial Insurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job