Design and deliver a European commercial strategy by category and channel. Working in conjunction with the European brand, product and digital marketing teams and the local markets across Europe.
My client is an established market leader in the Home Care industry. A well renowned company culture within the market place; people focused; progressive and excellent platform for career progression.
- Lead the development of the pan-European pricing*, promotion*, merchandising* and mix strategies delivering against value growth and profit targets.
- Lead the development of the pan-European trade marketing plans and effective commercial toolboxes incl. in-store and sell-in materials to be deployed by local country trade marketing teams.
- Lead the commercial strategy to win in un-tapped channels/white space.
- Influence and develop initiative plans with Product, Brand and Digital Marketing teams in line with customer value creation and respecting trade and local market timings and capabilities.
- Leverage superior customer and shopper understanding to create competitive advantage at shelf/instore. Leverage strong understanding of shopper trends/needs and translate shopper data into strong customer selling points.
- Work with external suppliers to deliver commercial, category and shopper marketing programs.
- Lead the European Trade Marketing Management team including securing resource sufficiency from a capacity and capability point of view, priority setting and talent management (trainings, on-the-job coaching, performance reviews and continuous development).
- Budget accountability for the European trade marketing spend.
- Some European travel required
- Currently working in an equivalent level role
- Previous experience managing a team is highly preferred
- 8+ years proven experience in Trade Marketing and Sales
- European knowledge and experience is preferred
- Strong analytical skills, financial acumen and ability to interpret detailed data
- Experience managing P&Ls and a robust understanding and usage of budgets
- Strong customer focus
- European language skills preferred but not required
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong planning, time management and organisation skills
- Strong affinity for the following values: Ownership, Agility, Teamwork
Great opportunity to join a fantastic company on a 12 month contract, paying a competitive Salary.