Title: Senior Planner
Office hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Reports to: Head of Planning & Development
Salary: Competitive remuneration package including an incentivised bonus scheme
Penguin Recruitment are pleased to be working with a highly respected firm of land and property professionals in Bedfordshire on the appointment of a Senior Planner.
Working in the busy Planning & Development department, you will offer clients assistance throughout the whole planning and development process and be responsible for the preparation and submission of a wide variety of planning applications. You will also deal with submission of appeals to the Planning Inspectorate and assist the Head of Planning & Development with an extensive and varied workload.
Project types include residential, commercial, mixed-use, rural and change of use and range from single plots to large urban extensions. You will have the opportunity to take ownership on schemes which can often be a frustrating part of working within a larger team.
- Preparation and submission of planning applications and appeals
- Submission of representations relating to Local Plans
- Preparation of Design & Access Statements/Planning Statements
- Development appraisals
- Advising clients on the planning potential of sites
- At times taking projects through complex planning issues and overcoming the hurdles that can occur with such schemes
- Liaising with clients and specialist contractors in respect of flood risk, ecology, highways, contamination and other reports
- Assisting Head of Planning & Development with his extensive and varied workload
- Building your own client relationships and project management skills
- Promotion of sites
- 2 to 5 years' planning experience
- MRTPI qualified
- Consultancy led environment or local authority background preferred
- Good understanding of the development process and planning legislation
- Ambitious, driven by success with excellent presentation, report writing and communication skill
- Confident with client liaison, attending planning meetings and appraisals
- Ability to network with potential clients
- Driving licence and own car is essential
- Experience of managing planning applications and be able to work in a team but also independently
Our client are able to offer a positive and supportive environment, ongoing career guidance from a senior leadership team and a competitive salary and benefits package including an incentivised bonus scheme.
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to meet with suitable Planners immediately so to please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on or
- Town Planner
- Town Planning