We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who have Children's Residential Support Work/Care experience to join a small independent Therapeutic Residential Home in Gloucester. You will be offering Residential Support to girls aged 11-17 who have had a traumatic upbringing and display challenging behaviours.
The company is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All applicants are expected to share this commitment and as such, all successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Salary: £20,800 - £22,880 with an additional £40 - £50 per sleep in shift.
You will be expected to do 1-2 sleep in shifts per week.
Week 1: 2 Shifts (16.5hrs)
Week 2: 2 Shifts (16.5hrs)
Week 3: 3 Shifts (16.5hrs)
The community offer a comprehensive, integrated programme of Residential, Educational and Therapeutic support for girls aged 11 to 17 years with profound and multiple needs in terms of their emotional, psychological and attachment development. They have developed consistently successful programmes for working with girls who present difficult to manage or chaotic behaviours - which may have been triggered by a number of factors which may include; self-harm, abuse, sexual exploitation, dysfunctional and/or destructive family patterns. The organisation helps girls to gain some awareness of how their experiences have resulted in a sense of chaos and confusion, culminating in an awareness of non-integration with themselves and alienation from society and promotes self-belief, confidence, motivation, trust, openness and resourcefulness. They work with young people, their families and other organisations to identify methods of working that understand, develop and change behaviours.
- Experience in working with children and young people is essential.
- Experience in working in Residential Child Care is essential.
- NVQ Level 3 is essential.
- Must be interested in supporting Young People in a therapeutic way.
- Must be a car driver with a Full/Clean UK Driving Licence.
- Must have a good ability to interpret and respond appropriately to a range of emotions and behaviours.
- Must have high emotional awareness in self and in others.
- Must be able to work as a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- £40 per sleep in shift Sun-Thurs and £50 Sat & Sun.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Pension Scheme.
- Additional on the job training.
- Help through qualifications.
- Reporting to the Registered Manager.
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of young people in its care.
- Encourage development of individual interests and hobbies.
- To carry out duties in line with the organisation's policies, procedures and equal opportunities.
- To contribute to the health, safety welfare and wellbeing of children and young people, and contribute to the relevant records and reports.
- Comply reports, including review, progress and interview reports.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
- Young People
- Senior Support Worker