Senior Theatre Practitioner Orthopaedic Scrub
Spire Gatwick Park is looking for a full time Senior Theatre Practitioner (Orthopaedic Scrub) to join our theatre team.
As an ODP/Theatre Nurse you will assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures with minimal supervision. In addition to this, you will also actively contribute to the maintenance of an environment that is conducive to the delivery and promotion of a high standard of patient care.
The ideal candidate will also have a vast amount of experience in joints and spinal scrubbing.
The working pattern for the role covers a variety of shifts so flexibility is essential.Duties and responsibilities
- To provide exemplary planned care for patients requiring perioperative intervention supporting the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre, taking on the roles of a scrub practitioner, dual role and surgical first assistant.
- To ensure the team delivers effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership, assisting the theatre manager to effectively maximise theatre utilisation.
- To take on additional departmental responsibilities as identified locally
- To act as the Clinical Lead for surgical specialities as identified locall
- To be part of the Theatre Co-ordinator rota
- HCPC / NMC registered
- Vast knowledge of Joint & Spinal scrubbing
- Understanding of scrub roles and theatres
- Advanced Life support certificate or willing to attend course
- Willing to work collaboratively (good team player)
- Planning and organisation
- Concern for standards
- Problem solving and continuous improvement
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job