Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We hire individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. With a mission to make the most of our clients' energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Eurotherm by Schneider Electric is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company’s 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers’ plant-wide assets.
Responsible for providing technical direction for automated and manual testing in the Validation department. The primary focus is on developing new and improving existing testing processes/infrastructure and increase efficiency. The ideal candidate should be passionate about owning the design, development and implementation of test automation strategy, tools and technologies needed to support new product development and R&D initiatives.
The validation department provides a test service independent to that of the engineers who design and implement the products.
· Responsible for the validation of new generation of products and software tools. Working with the development team in a continuous integration environment, develop a test strategy that uses as much automation as is possible. You are expected to engage in continuous automated and manual testing activities throughout the development aiming for zero defects.
· Champion and represent the customer through the entire design, implementation and test cycle. Look for and expect improvements in software quality from the design teams. Request and argue for product changes to be made or defects fixed in order to improve quality and reliability.
· Responsible for defining overall test strategy, communicating vision, implement and manage validation activities in a safe manner using safe work practices and achieving project milestones.
· Work with R&D, Project and Product Managers to schedule product test phases, request resources, report progress & issues, overcome problems and obstacles before they become blocking issues etc. Contribute to the reviewing of project documents – Functional Specifications, Design documents etc. Review other peoples work and provide good constructive comments.
· Plan and write software test plans and specifications. Read technical documents and liaise with Software Validation Manager and software engineers to learn about the products, predict areas likely to fail, plan and design tests, apply risk assessment, agree test deliverables, plan test schedule. Arrange and chair various software test reviews.
· Design and build test rigs. This involves compiling list of equipment required, collate equipment together, build into test rig and validate its performance and if fit for purpose. Take responsibility for test rig, keeping it maintained, up to date and support others using it.
· Implement test specifications and Record and examine test results. Review software issues with engineers and Report product/software defects describing the nature of the fault and providing clear instructions how to reproduce it. Submit test results to the Software Validation Manager or Software Engineers for review and approval.
· Provide regular reports to Software Validation Manager regarding status of testing and/or test related activities. Attend project meetings and product release meetings, reporting status and issues. Expected to speak openly on issues affecting quality/reliability and request/justify further testing or rework when necessary.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of many, if not all, of the following:
· Hands-on test automation experience, in an embedded product or software development environment
· B.S. in Computer Science, Systems, Engineering, or related degree/experience
· In-depth knowledge of a variety of testing techniques and methodologies
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex and scalable design problems.
- Strong knowledge of test technologies, applications, standards, and test development processes.
- LabVIEW development and use of Teststand.
- Good coding skills and an ability to learn/advance rapidly, transitioning from Labview or other programming languages
- Knowledge and/or experience of Cybersecurity, Communication Robustness tools and techniques
- Knowledge of wireless technologies, Cloud Database access via Clients and Browsers, Smart devices IOS and App installations.
- Solid understanding of functional testing, continuous integration, Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), continuous deployment, both in principle and in practice
- Ability to write good test specifications, automation scripts and participate in peer reviews
- Good oral and written communication with experience working with members at various levels
- Demonstrated experience working with full product development life- cycles, preferably experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal skills, flexible and able to structure and estimate work
- Ability to see the big picture and develop appropriate strategies and plans for automation
- Experience with web services and APIs and understanding of automated testing for web based API
- Experience with version control tools and agile tools (e.g., Subversion, Git, JIRA, etc.)
- Networks – TCP/IP, Ethernet, Switches and others