Senior Test Engineer, Leeds
Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber
35 Per week with Flexible hours of (Core hours of 10-4)
FruitionIT are working closely with a market leading eCommerce organisation based in Leeds who are looking to recruit a Senior Test Engineer.
Working as a Senior Test Engineer in an agile delivery environment you will be involved in executing manual and automation scripts. You will make decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives, writing clear and maintainable tests and test automation code that will scale across a number of projects.
- You will work closely with other software engineers and software test engineers to build and deliver high volume, secure, defect free and resilient software.
- Understand both waterfall and Agile development approaches and adapt tests appropriately
- Contribute to the evolution of our testing and coding standards for our technology eco-systems
- Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. ensuring high unit test coverage, defensive/performant and secure code, zero defect software)
- Pro-actively seek out what's going on in the technology industry and promote a culture of continuouslearning
- Ensure the software created by the team meets the needs of the business
- Fully own your software stack by participating in implementation and post-implementation activities
- Mentor less experienced software test engineers
- Contribute to test artefacts ensuring it is produced and maintained
- Experience of manual and automation testing
- Working knowledge of using tools such as Selenium Webdriver, cucumber, gherkin etc.
- Excellent understanding of TDD & BDD concepts
- Working in cross functional, fast paced delivery teams with proven experience of successfully delivering high performing, high quality software systems.
- ISEB certified to intermedia level
- Passion for testing whilst keeping up to date with the new industry testing tools and techniques.
The salary for this role is £35,000 - £45,000 with excellent company benefits including car allowance, company pension contribution, healthcare, 26 days holiday, flexible working hours over a 35-hour working week and free parking.
To apply for this Senior Test Engineer role, please send your CV for consideration.